Meet up Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'South Carolina' started by vabb9, Sep 11, 2014.

1. vabb9

vabb9 Morel Enthusiast

Looking to find anyone who wants to meet up and go hunting with me. I'm new to the area and would love to have someone to go with.

2. fallingcoconut9

fallingcoconut9 Young Morel

I live in the downtown area and forage at hampton park weekly. I would love to find some other areas to forage. email me and we should set up a time and date. parker@g.cofc.edu

3. janiebug

janiebug Morel Enthusiast

Hi there you guys!
    I just now saw this. I seriously doubt we will find any morels in the Lowcountry, but FYI, a few of us are trying to form a Lowcountry chapter of the SCUMS mushroom club. We have a meeting Mar 15 on Johns Island. Email me if you are interested.
    Jdcwright@yahoo.com

4. scmike

scmike Young Morel

I was born and raised outside of Moncks Corner. My parents tell me that they used to find morels around the area but that has been some time ago. Im sure I've read on the internetz of morel findings around here but most start around Columbia.

I've only been able to find decent patches of chanterelles and black trumpets in the past few years.

I'm sure im working this weekend but if not, I'd be willing to make it to a meet.

Mike

5. nate

nate Morel Connoisseur

Hi everyone, Me and my wife and 3 children will be visiting Myrtle beach South Carolina Sunday evening through Wednesday. I was hoping to look around for some Morels while passing through South Carolina. Could you guys tell me some general tips for South Carolina? Like the elevation that I would have the most luck with this time of year. If it is more likely that I find will find them closer to the coast or more inland. Better in Southern S.C. or Northern S.C. Does anyone have any public places that they think would be good for a one time ever visitor to find a few Morels? Thanks, in advance for any help!!

6. ssbistline

ssbistline Young Morel

Hello Group.. I am a novice at this and I really want to learn. Is there anyone in the Charleston Area that can teach me the way. I have read the books for over a year now, but I am a hands on type of person. PLEASE

7. islandflower

islandflower Young Morel

Hello All, new to mushroom hunting. Would like to meet others who want to forage together. Here is my email..sauciseeker@yahoo.com.