1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Meet ups

Discussion in 'Regional Meet Ups' started by boone, Apr 2, 2014.

1. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

We go all over and are always willing to have new people to meet.If your going to Okie,we'll be down there this weekend and next week.Good Luck and God Bless.

2. mycologyluvr

mycologyluvr Morel Enthusiast

Anyone in the Morrilton, Arkansas area need a hunting buddy I am ready willing & able! Found some great spots that should be perfect but I am new to the moral hunting. Been on many mushroom forays with local mycologists so I am not new to fungus.

3. emmagreen

emmagreen Morel Enthusiast

Wish I was near you mycologyluvr. I moved to western KY last June from PA. I was in a great club there, but no clubs here and no mushrooming buddies. I hunt almost year-round sometimes just to see what new species I can find.Would like to find someone else interested in fungi nearby!

4. mycologyluvr

I used to go on forays with Jay Justice. Haven't been able to in some time. I've been trying to get in touch with him to find out about the morel hunt in Dover. No luck yet sadly. Haven't met many shroomers around here. When I mention mushroom hunting people automatically assume I speak of active species. I just shake my head lol. One woman went around telling everyone I was drug dealer selling magic mushrooms. Really don't care for her much at all now

5. emmagreen

That is funny. Sad, but funny. I saw a lot of that in our club in PA, too. People came to a few forays and when we started handed them books and asking them to actually ID something... well, they were gone. I even went out on New Year's day looking for some old polypores to ID just because the weather was so nice (a luxury we never had in PA). I had great luck last summer spotting many species and I hope to see more this year. I must say I got a bit distracted by chanterelles.

6. damn close

damn close Young Morel

I'm in Southern Indiana (Corydon area) and would love to find a hunting buddy or two.

7. mycologyluvr

I found a group to hunt with :) Went hunting last weekend. I found the first morel of the day & it was my first to ever find. In total we harvest about 35 small to medium & 1 false morel. Got to look through Jay Justice's new book as well. Man oh man morels are so yummy!!!!!! I have been missing out all these years.

8. emmagreen

So happy for you mycologyluvr! I know some people really guard their spots, but they miss so much that you can gain from being around other people of like mind! You can learn so much and it makes both the good and bad days better.

9. dlsmith725

dlsmith725 Morel Enthusiast

10. bellabellacat

bellabellacat Young Morel

I live in Virginia Beach, but would travel to join others in Virginia. I don't think morels grow in Virginia Beach.

11. mycologyluvr

Morel season is coming people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. danielheiner94

danielheiner94 Young Morel

I'd love to meet up with you, I've never been foraging for them and would love for someone to show e the ropes.