1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Super Moderator
Hellooooo. VIRGINIA 馃
Wade here...
Man I've got my woodstove burning 馃敟
in the Basement...
Stocked Full of some.. split white ash
Man it's Burn'n HOT 馃敟
I'm up here cook'n me some pancakes and I'm Have'n to open the door to cool it off in here some..let'n some fresh air in..

I here on the Radio that we might get a snow today..
And it's made me think that I might like to have maybe 3 or 4 blizzards this winter..we are long long long overdue here in Monroe County Indiana for a big one..
Some folks say a big snow blanket that stays on all winter is one sure key to finding lots of Morels in the spring..
But then I thought 馃 Hmmm it don't snow that much in Oklahoma or Georgia and they find a lot.
"The Mystery Will Always Be"
and Man..
We All Love this about it, don't We鉂ゐ煃勷煈嶐煆

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last year we had zero snow and a great Morel season. I'm looking forward to another good season. Hope you can make it down to hunt with us.

Registered
Getting excited. They're finding them in KY and TN. Need a bit of warmth and should start popping any week now!

Registered
Went today after work; found a few bloodroot flowering and some mica cap bundles.

No morels though, went high and low 1000-1250' above sea level'ish range from creek to hill top.

Still a good bit of dead leaves, not much green, and didn't see any mayapple yet but daffodils coming up good since last week and with this bout of rain and warm weather coming up I'm expecting to see you all starting to find them soon!

Good luck all!

Mica caps

Registered
I am proabably going to check after work also today, you'd really think this weather might kick things off but I'm worried that NC and even SC forums are still not having any luck with people saying the ground cover changes are really behind this year..seems may be the case for us regarding lack of green in the woods at this point.

Fingers crossed though. Rain, warmth, some thunderstorms?? I mean, c'mon right?!

Registered
Went today again, still nothing.
No mayapple and poplar are just showing signs of budding, may be til later next week with this cold spell coming in?

Side note, thought I found some leeks but the bulbs seem to round instead of shallot like, and the stalk is coming out from inside an opening of the bulb, any idea what I found? Some sort of wild onion? Lily of valley I've heard doesn't have a bulb and the leaves are too broad for wild garlic?

Registered
I braved the end of the rain today after work, no morels but did find these guys popping up all over, hope this cold weather doesn't screw things up

Registered
Checked Friday after work a bit, saw a couple patches of mayapple but that was it. Hoping next few days we will be off to the races.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts