Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My spot for greys starting to pop pretty good now in Bedford.

I need a buddy to help show me some big yellow type spots in Bedford /Lynchburg, I'm looking at you Percy-n-Moo! Haha, I live in Forest and my birthday is next weekend, make my morel wishes come true pleaaase

First ones that aren't just poking above leaves for me.

The rest were a classic game of where's Waldo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nothing yet for me. Checked 4 of my prime spots on Sunday and not a one. This small stream usually aways produces them on the banks, nothing I could find and the undergrowth is taking off so in a week, they’ll be difficult to see.

4DBD1827-0A9B-4279-B39A-FC058D986BDD.jpeg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had found a few Sunday and Monday but it hasn't rained in a week now and nothing new is popping up at all. I seriously hope it rains soon. Today's front didn't drop anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This cold weather put a damper on anyone's progress, or still popping up some / worth going to check this weekend?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Nobody out my way has found many. I found 2 last Saturday. Last couple nights was 30 or lower and blowing snow. Hope the rain and warm forecast for this week helps. Worst season in my memory.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nobody out my way has found many. I found 2 last Saturday. Last couple nights was 30 or lower and blowing snow. Hope the rain and warm forecast for this week helps. Worst season in my memory.
Yeah barndog
its been slow here as well. They were late and not very numerous. They are fickle

·
Registered
28 Posts
I walked a 1 mile section of what is normally a prolific area. Found 6. Last year this time I was finding 50 plus per walk every other day. My 3 other spots haven't produced at all yet. We had almost an inch of rain Saturday but temps are supposed to skyrocket this week to upper 80s .. Not sure if this season will be a bust or just late

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice lookin pies! I made a couple but seems to be all ill be getting this year maybe, went past few days and my spots aren't producing anymore. Likely didn't even find a 1/4 of what I pulled out those woods last year, and it's so green in Bedford my elevation now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't been out in about 5 days since nothing was popping in my spots and it was pretty dry but we got a fair amount of rain over the last couple days so I am going to check today. My worry was the HEAT will have stopped things. This week its cooling down into the 40s at night and 60s daytime though. Any chance these spots that didn't pop at all do a late appearance in your alls opinion. This is my 3rd season so not a lot of history to work with. I think I have only found about 40-50 thumb sized ones this year total vs 11 lbs last year :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you Rick, went out 3 days last week after the temps rose and came back with nothing, and got very few compared to lady year overall. I'd be curious if you find any new ones as I was thinking of doing the same but kind of gave up as the forum went stagnant.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts