Minnesota 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by tommyjosh, Oct 30, 2018.

1. morchella ed

morchella ed Morel Enthusiast

Now the snow just won't stop. Supposed to get another half foot this weekend, another 4 to 5 inches next week. least here in the cities. moisture good for the mushrooms, but man, we keep getting too much and I worry everything in the low country will be flooded out with no merkles. any other thoughts on this?

1 person likes this.
  2. morelmaniacmn

morelmaniacmn Morel Connoisseur

We have so much snow now it's getting ridiculous. A fast warm up could mean a LOT of flooding. Hoping the Great Spirit is on our side this season!!:D

3. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

I know my honey holes have gotten the most snow ever recorded according to Accu Weather. If we can just slow walk into spring and then get rain it could be a good year.

4. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Can’t wait to get a pair & see how they work on posted private property.:)

5. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

6. Hank 3.5

Hank 3.5 Morel Enthusiast

If anyone likes a good YouTube Morel Score ? : Many others on these threads have mentioned CreatorWise , which is always an excellent choice ! May I also suggest videos by Neralich ! Neraly and His Buddy Empty Pockets find Weight ! Enjoy ☺️

7. MayMotherload

MayMotherload Morel Enthusiast

I like watching YouTube mushroom hunting videos, gets me a bit too anxious though.

8. Old Elm

54B4CC79-D5FA-4533-A429-F4A11188DF55.jpeg 063C5846-F283-4B76-AEEB-AFF9A738749E.jpeg 6AAB431C-E676-4C83-AEAB-C2F7F95F175F.jpeg Found a new patch of prime Old Elms today, getting some scouting done ✅

9. Chanterelle nut

Chanterelle nut Morel Enthusiast

Its almost here!!! Do you guys think that this weekend weather will wake things up?

10. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

It's a start, but you're still April away.

Inthewild and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Old Elm

Yup, all of April for sure. ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. morelmaniacmn

morelmaniacmn Morel Connoisseur

Nice scouting Old Elm! Yeah we're a long ways away in MN

13. BRB

BRB Young Morel

Hi everyone. My name is Brad, and I've been lurking here for a few days now. I live in St Paul, and I'm fairly new to foraging. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the useful info on this site. I've read the 2018 MN season thread thoroughly and learned a ton. Looking forward to hitting those SE facing hills in about a month! If I manage to find morels, I'll report back.

14. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Welcome, your in one of the top states if not the top one for Morels. Wisconsin could be number one as well. Mid May is generally go time. Learn as much as you can about elm identification.

2 people like this.
  15. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

Welcome, how did you do last year, sure is fun isn't it?

1 person likes this.
  16. Old Elm

Welcome, now quit lurking & start sharing. We look forward to hearing & seeing your morel adventure.

1 person likes this.
  17. BRB

BRB Young Morel

Thanks guys. I didn't hunt morels last year, and in fact haven't since my parents used to take me out when I was a kid. Over the last few years I've been finding some real nice chicken of the woods up near some family land near McGregor. That and fiddleheads have been the only things I've really foraged up until now. Hoping to change that this year.

Learning to ID elm trees is what I'm concentrating on now. I think I'll get the hang of it. I find myself rubbernecking as I drive these days. I'm sure some of you can relate. You'll be the first to hear if I meet with any success.

4 people like this.
  18. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

BRB
    My advise is to stop now! Once you start looking for elms on every road trip you have the virus. It's not pretty, 95% of the population will wonder what happened to you. It's only here where other afflicted individuals share the burden you carry. If decide to proceed welcome aboard.

19. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

br5 hit it right on the head. It is addicting,friends will not understand you, take vacation and hit the woods? instead of going on a cruise? get this person some help please. The dog will love you tho,ha