Minnesota 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by tommyjosh, Oct 30, 2018.

1. tundraking

tundraking Morel Connoisseur

Sure did! Everything is so blended up with a lot of areas having 6" of mulched wood, that its hard to tell where the dead elms used to be. I do have a couple GPS waypoints marked and can probably get pretty close to where I remember a good cluster of elm, but man, its just unrecognizable anymore.
    I'll be heading back to try again by myself when I can concentrate more.

1 person likes this.
  2. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

I hear you. I used way points once to find some beaver cut cottonwood that had burned up in a fire. They still had some shrooms even though there was nothing left of them. The next year all the burnt up cottons loaded me up.

3. Sam Segale

Sam Segale Morel Enthusiast

I'm in roseville as well been scouting and managed to find a few small greys but if want to hunt sometime lemme know

4. Dtails

Dtails Morel Connoisseur

It could be a good still!

5. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

Tell me how the eggs where.

HumongousFungus likes this.
  6. Shroomtrooper 1

Too bad, had a ramp spot that was the same

7. Shroomtrooper 1

Well hiked my butt off today and finally saw a bunch of tiny ones coming up. One spot had a couple real nice ones I brought home.Was in a valley, legs are tired, And I said to myself what are you doing, your wasting your time, kinda on a spot I thought was too cold yet. But at the crest of the hill (I was getting out of there) I see a real nice one. I stop and tell the dog to lay down(he is a great mushroom dog always stays put) and find 7 real nice ones. But a little down the hill, 2 prime elms had none, from what I can tell just too cold, just over the hill more, a little shaded. My problem is I love to explore, sometimes I waste my time, sometimes it pays off.

8. Shroom Sir lot

Shroom Sir lot Morel Enthusiast

Found little ones today in carver county

Attached Files:

Lisse Michaels likes this.
  9. twisted minds

twisted minds Morel Connoisseur

Were you just playing through? Ha ha.

10. May madness

May madness Morel Enthusiast

now that's funny lmao

1 person likes this.
  11. lolo

lolo Young Morel

This is my first year hunting and I found this little guy today..can anyone confirm that it is a true morel? I'm hesitant because it's more round instead of tall and half of the back was eaten or not fully formed? It is completely hollow. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Lisse Michaels likes this.
  12. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Hey Trooper you are dead on, exploring is how you find new spots and keep in shape. I try to do as much exploring as I can in the fall also. If I go back to NW Iowa or come up your way much of it will be pure exportation, hoping a little luck and knowledge can hit something special. No good spot lasts forever so I am always searching for another honey hole or two.

Inthewild and (deleted member) like this.
  13. bigrobshroommn

bigrobshroommn Morel Connoisseur

Found 15 greys on south slope monday morning. Explored some new promising terrain this afternoon, nothing popping yet there. Went back to Mondays spot and found another 15. Slow start to the season for me. Also found a toilet in the woods. Half of larger bird (Turkey?).

Attached Files:

14. twisted minds

Yes, that is a morel.

lolo likes this.
  15. twisted minds

Looks like a turkey wing.

16. Anokashrooms

Anokashrooms Morel Enthusiast

Good to go. Go back in a couple days and get his friends!!

17. lolo

lolo Young Morel

Thank you! Planning on it :D

18. Shroomtrooper 1

true, no good spots last forever. I do some of memory hunting, which can be good and bad.

Dtails likes this.
  19. yerty

yerty Morel Enthusiast

I'm so bummed this year. Went out last weekend and found absolutely nothing, even in SE MN. Now I'm gearing up for a two week long business trip and missing out on all the fun. Think there will be anything left July 1st? Do I just need to take a weekend trip up north? If this truly is the one of the best years, I'll never forgive my boss!