Minnesota 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by tommyjosh, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Happy to hear you’re coming back Sarah,good voice.? This could be your best year ever. For sure shaping up to be excellent.
    The time with your mom is worth everything.

1 person likes this.
  2. morelmaniacmn

morelmaniacmn Morel Connoisseur

This snow shouldn't effect the Morels I don't think. The ground is cold enough and if anything it's just more moisture. I'd say it's lookin good!

3. i_heart_shrooms

i_heart_shrooms Morel Connoisseur

Generally, May 1st is when I start seriously looking, but I think with the snow and a slower warm up (hopefully) it will be more like the second week of May when things get going.

The past few years I've gone out looking the first week of May I tend to find the small greys and bigger ones in near SE-facing hillsides in gully's with rocks where it's warmer.

2 people like this.
  4. MayMotherload

MayMotherload Morel Enthusiast

Next time I'm up at my parents place I'll look for pictures, I'm not sure if it was 40lbs, but I know it was 3 full paper grocery bags. Pretty sure my mom has pictures...it was at least 25 years ago.

2 people like this.
  5. Old Elm

Hope you post the old pictures, would love to see them.

1 person likes this.
  6. sarahrose

sarahrose Morel Connoisseur

Found these in my front rock bed!!!

Attached Files:

Wendelina and (deleted member) like this.
  7. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Good Morning Minnesota !
    Wade here !
    how's the Japanese spam looking this morning?

8. Dtails

Dtails Morel Connoisseur

haha ive had the cops called on me a few times... Usually try stay away from those parts for a day or two lol

btetzl50 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. btetzl50

btetzl50 Morel Enthusiast

Happy Spring everbody! I'm already getting antsy to get outside. I might head down to Iowa soon, just for some greens.

Dtails, Inthewild and HawkeyeMerkels like this.
  10. HawkeyeMerkels

HawkeyeMerkels Morel Connoisseur

Hey @btetzl50 Spring is in the air, here in Central Iowa. Grass is green(no dandelions) & most trees/bushes are budding too. Last Monday it was almost 80degs.. then bit of a cooldown rest of last week. Starting right this week . Today its 60s & tomw mid 70s, followed by few days of rain & cooler temps again. Easter wknd, dry, sunny & mid 60s - low 70s. Come on down!!:)

1 person likes this.
  11. Old Elm

Oh boy, say there and all that sounds like a pretty good weather set up condition wise so to speak and all. You should do well I hope so anyways.
    Good luck & Enjoy.

12. HawkeyeMerkels

HawkeyeMerkels Morel Connoisseur

Yes I believe so! Thanks @Old Elm for the Positivity & Well Wishes! Springtime such a blessing to enjoy!:D

1 person likes this.
  13. MayMotherload

MayMotherload Morel Enthusiast

April rains bring May brains. Came up with that today.

14. stilz

stilz Morel Connoisseur

Well, moisture isn't going to be a problem this year. I think the monster crop is coming.

15. Old Elm

This is precipitation day for sure, ok by what I know so to speak just generally out loud.
    It’s all good.

1 person likes this.
  16. AIM

AIM Morel Enthusiast

Torilis japonica aka Japanese Hedge Parsley?

1 person likes this.
  17. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

so...? you are saying that's what the Japanese posting is about?

18. AIM

AIM Morel Enthusiast

No just wondering if that is the flower you are referring to. Not much for image search help with Japanese spam lol.

19. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Just updated daily high, low, and precipitation for period from March 9th to April 17th. Compared averages from 2009 to 2018. So far temps are an exact match for 2009 and precip. is up. 2009 was my best year in past ten. The land we ended up on was producing 20 lbs. per day and we'd never been there before. I now know it well, and with the right conditions and a few more days of hunting who knows. Targeting May 15th.

20. AIM

AIM Morel Enthusiast

As a n00b to the scene in general ... this post made me smile! After finding a few "spots" last year but being discouraged by a poor harvest-- im really itching to hunt a good year! Had a blast last year and was on too many spots thinking where the hell are the little brains?!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 10:58 AM