Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1101 - 1120 of 1136 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Been building a fence so no hunting here but my buddy said he found 10 in st.cloud last night not even hunting for them lol. Checked my one spot from last year and nada still by the river but finally filling in with greens so lets hope they pop again.. Been and odd but fun season! Wish i would have had time to get out this past week tho...
20190605_141729.jpg

20190605_141953.jpg
20190605_142303.jpg

·
Registered
279 Posts
Been building a fence so no hunting here but my buddy said he found 10 in st.cloud last night not even hunting for them lol. Checked my one spot from last year and nada still by the river but finally filling in with greens so lets hope they pop again.. Been and odd but fun season! Wish i would have had time to get out this past week tho... View attachment 21890
View attachment 21894 View attachment 21892
AIM, Looks great! Don't know if you're married, but that would win me a lot of points with the wife, so its probably worth missin some shroomin time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yep, they do that, and bugs love them. Those looked perfect when you took the picture!
Just had teriyaki oyster mushroom and pea pods with bacon and onion over rice for dinner last night. So good!

·
Registered
382 Posts
My first morel find ever! Found 6 around a small living elm on shady forest edge right in St Cloud along the river. At least now I know I can find them! A couple were pas View attachment 21926 t prime, so perhaps it's time to head deeper into the woods?
nice maybe i will have to go looking some more thought they would be done around st cloud i havent found anything except rotten ones the last few days

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this an oyster mushroom?
Does look like oysters. Spring ones I find on birch or aspen often smell like black licorice which is another indicator. Always verify with at least 3 characteristics before first try though. I do think they are tasty especially if sautéed in butter with salt garlic salt and pepper and then grilled to carmelize

·
Registered
725 Posts
Been building a fence so no hunting here but my buddy said he found 10 in st.cloud last night not even hunting for them lol. Checked my one spot from last year and nada still by the river but finally filling in with greens so lets hope they pop again.. Been and odd but fun season! Wish i would have had time to get out this past week tho... View attachment 21890
View attachment 21894 View attachment 21892
Look awsome. I really enjoy doing those type of projects especially when they turn out right.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hey tundraking, if this 90 deg days continue i think we should start our summer edibles forum again, can't wait for my chanterelles!!!!! (To be honest i still like them better than morels)
Never had chanterelles but this is my year. Kokomorel started a summer thread here in Indiana. We haven't seen a 90 degree day yet, not really much in the 80s either. Wierd how much hotter it is that far up north.

1101 - 1120 of 1136 Posts