Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1121 - 1136 of 1136 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey br5 i have an awesome place just south on indianapolis for chanterelles if you are interested.
Never had chanterelles but this is my year. Kokomorel started a summer thread here in Indiana. We haven't seen a 90 degree day yet, not really much in the 80s either. Wierd how much hotter it is that far up north.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh, Amen to that brother!

Pretty sure tundra know by probably doesn’t know much about Chant’z.
Lol! Oh boy... You guys are too funny!

Been super busy this week gettin worked like a horse, just had a big backyard party yesterday/night as well, so I’ve been distracted.
I was just comin on here to start a summer page, but jg beat me to it!

Pretty excited to get the summer rolling!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dried some morels yesterday and put them in a mason jar for later. Should they be put in the refrigerator? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My first morel find ever! Found 6 around a small living elm on shady forest edge right in St Cloud along the river. At least now I know I can find them! A couple were pas View attachment 21926 t prime, so perhaps it's time to head deeper into the woods?
That's awesome Wendelina, Congrats! I found my 1st morel last year and only found 4 of them in total the whole season. Enough to get me hooked...I did better this season, found a mess of them couple weeks ago hunting with my nephew. I found a few this evening in the woods in Little Canada MN. but unfortunately they were mostly toast. Kept two big ones that were salvageable. Might have to try the egg and morel scramble, looked good. Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their information and knowledge! It has been most helpful to this shrookie. Can't wait to try to find some chantrelles!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I found the remnants of two morels yesterday. They would have been monsters. Too bad. Anyways, what is the link for the summer shrooms forum? A new crop of oysters are out, and I found the first chicken of the season!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'M in Douglas county. I looked this morning, then went down to pope county and worked my way back to miltona. Just got back. NO MORAL'S. Pheasant backs as far as the eye can see, but not a single moral.
Any luck this year? Went out this morning only found some lady slippers.

1121 - 1136 of 1136 Posts