Minnesota 2019 Season

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by tommyjosh, Oct 30, 2018.

1. jg010682

jg010682 Morel Connoisseur

20190419_095139.jpg took my brothers dog for a walk out to a spot that I have found tons of ramps at and found these just starting to grow! Won't be long now until we can atleast pick some greens I'm pretty sure the fiddle heads won't be far behind

2. sarahrose

sarahrose Morel Connoisseur

It’s 100 degrees here today..:-( too hot too soon for me..... I’m going to be very excited for the next 2-3 weeks of weather patterns for MN.... I am somewhat hopeful for this season, because there has been a crap ton of moisture. When I start dreaming about them they are about 2 weeks away..... no dreams yet...... but there will be...:)

3. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

I think your right on stilz, nice slow warm up compared to alot of years. Time to permithan the cloths.

4. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

Those seasons happen or they'd call it mushroom picking instead of hunting. Indiana is just starting to pick up mid state, if you track the season at 100 miles per week that puts start of season around 5/10 in southern MN. We'll see, I've tentivly scheduled my vacation for 5/16. Hoping for a slow cool spring so they'll come up a.d hold longer.

Inthewild and AIM like this.
  5. stilz

stilz Morel Connoisseur

Dakota and Scott counties will be my bitch.

Also, I'll be camping at Lake Maria State Park in Monticello, May 11th weekend. Has anyone had any luck there?

6. kennacoconut

kennacoconut Young Morel

I'm from Kansas City and I've been watching everyone post the morels they've found. I'm jealous! It's my first Spring in Minnesota and I've already dreampt that I found a bunch of mushrooms. I've been exploring different parks trying to find some promising spots. I'm excited!

3 people like this.
  7. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Welcome to the area, it’s shaping up to be a banner year. All the best of luck to you - Enjoy.

8. Old Elm

Always good to see them starting to peek out, won’t be long now.

9. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

only went there once, no luck for morels but later in the season found a King bolete.

2 people like this.
  10. jg010682

jg010682 Morel Connoisseur

Just thought I would leave a couple more good pic of the ramps just starting 20190421_074455.jpg 20190421_074245.jpg

11. btetzl50

btetzl50 Morel Enthusiast

I hope to get out tomorrow and check out the woods to the south. I've never been to Lake Maria SP stilz, I heard good things for mushrooms, just not morels.

2 people like this.
  12. Old Elm

Yup, me too but ya never know til ya look. Go for it & good luck.

2 people like this.
  13. Dtails

Dtails Morel Connoisseur

Got my turkey on Friday with my bow. 22# Tom 10" beard now starting to get the boat ready for the summer so only a few more things to do before I'm going to run out of things to keep myself busy before I just start going crazy!! 6" soil temp was 40°F in my turkey blind.. lol still few weeks away

14. Old Elm

It’s coming up fast, A buddy found Ramps yesterday.
    Congratulations on a fine Tom!

Dtails and (deleted member) like this.
  15. tundraking

tundraking Morel Connoisseur

Congrats Dtails! Bagged a big boy by archery on Friday too walk-n-stalk! Watched two coyotes chase turkeys for a half hour before I snuck in for a kill.
    Ice shack is stowed away and boat is ready. I'll never have the problem of running out of things to get done, but I am ready for shroomin!
    May 17th I'll be heading southeastern way, and May 25th headin north.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  16. tundraking

tundraking Morel Connoisseur

JG, Nice shorthair! Mine is 6 months old and crazy as they come! Its gonna be fun gettin him out shroomin this year.

Dtails and (deleted member) like this.
  17. i_heart_shrooms

i_heart_shrooms Morel Connoisseur

5/10? Perfect! I'm planning on taking a trip south a few days before that so I'm glad my timing for vacation off work was well-planned :) :D

1 person likes this.
  18. i_heart_shrooms

i_heart_shrooms Morel Connoisseur

Haven't found morels there in my own experience, but I'm sure someone else has. It's a popular mushroom spot for other species though. Tons of Chantrelles after a nice mid-summer rain. Chantrelles are really easy and plentiful, so not quite as fun but as morels but the season is much longer and they are pretty tasty if you can find the golden variety.

19. Dtails

Dtails Morel Connoisseur

Ya the honey do list never ends but can't wait to get back in the hunt of morels .. someone early said they know it's getting close when you start dreaming of them but for me it's nightmares of missing out on the flush and finding stumps and moldy ones. Yikes

AIM and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Dtails

Dtails Morel Connoisseur

Ya got him to come into 8 yards it's always a pleasure to to be outside anytime I can be probably gonna head back out with the camera. Planning on hitting it hard in central the working my way up to big fork by the end of May. Hopefully better than last year for me

3 people like this.