Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 668 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not looking great for the Becker County area, at least on the precipitation end. Hoping for plenty of April showers (heck even a couple snowstorms 🤷🏻‍♂️) to get the ground ready for May.

·
Read Only
36 Posts
I’m so excited for this year’s season that I took a whole week off at the end of May for hunting the early morels. Also great couple of East coast foragers moved in to our neighborhood recently & they’re equally excited to find their first MN morels & pheasant backs. Cheers - looking forward to everyone’s photos.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’m so excited for this year’s season that I took a whole week off at the end of May for hunting the early morels. Also great couple of East coast foragers moved in to our neighborhood recently & they’re equally excited to find their first MN morels & pheasant backs. Cheers - looking forward to everyone’s photos.
That's great, but I would say a week at the end of May is the late season morels in a typical year, just to give you a heads up!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hello fellow foragers. Another year of wandering the woods, breathing the fresh air, lost in thought while searching for those elusive, delicious aliens that grow from the ground. I can't wait! The dreams are beginning to occur for me as well...

As with the usual elm tree hunting in the Southern portion of the state, I'm planning on taking a trip up to the North-central regions in search of the elusive black morel. I've never found one before so I'm hoping to finally discover some this year.

Anyone have any tips on what type of areas to look in? I've heard they grow near living aspen/poplar trees and in recently logged/clear-cut areas.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'll advocate hope😎 seen a Robin 3 days ago..blue heron yesterday. There's reason to believe this year will be better than the last.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I missed the Sap season completely 😭 my wife had the crazy idea of going on vacation right on the best flowing week!! o well is time to think about turkey and mushrooms now! by the way is there anything more beautiful than all this spring showers we are getting???!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the morel season is going to be earlier than usual. I have taken the last 2 months and scouted numerous new areas. I have tons of stuff up in my garden so will see if its early here in MN? Just cooked some of the dried morels lastnight from last season. Have to finish them off. Yep dreaming of the mother lode!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 668 Posts