Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was shown a photo today of all kinds of morels harvested in Rochester yesterday or there abouts??
I wanna see this photo with a timestamp in the metadata. I wouldn't be too surprised though. The woods is crunchy, but far along. Anemone, hepatica, spring beauty, bloodroot, and trout lily are all up in my neck of the woods. Haven't seen any mushrooms outside of scarlet cups. I'm thinking late next week I'll find some babies in my early spots.

PSA it's dry as fuck out there folks. Pretty sizeable fire roundabouts Greenvale Township today (between Jamaica and Hazelwood Avenues and between 305th and 320th Streets for those familiar with the area). Prolly around a hundred acres had burned by the time I drove by, and that stiff wind out of the south was really helping that sucker along. Be smart. Be safe.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hello everyone, hope you all had a good winter. Time to scout and oil the boots. Last year was not the best for me, actually too wet in spots, never believed that until last year. Nice to see bucky here. Where is OLd Elm?
He's around. Hay trooper. I don't believe the Rochester story. Recycled picture.. possible but..bullshit meter is pretty high on that.never know though... I'll let you all know when I find my first black.✌🏻 Bucky

·
Registered
537 Posts
really, I know it will be early if these temps keep up but if they come up and we get a frost, bad news. I am sorry to say my morel hunting buddy, Saske my black lab passed, it will be a different hiking without him. I would come home and he would rub his body on me like a cat. I sure miss him. As far as moister, its thundering as I type this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
really, I know it will be early if these temps keep up but if they come up and we get a frost, bad news. I am sorry to say my morel hunting buddy, Saske my black lab passed, it will be a different hiking without him. I would come home and he would rub his body on me like a cat. I sure miss him. As far as moister, its thundering as I type this.
Hey Shroomtrooper! Very Sorry to hear bout your Good Buddys passing. Pets are like kin as far as Im concerned. Sure he'll be hitting them hills right along with Ya in spirit! Seen that storm up your way..some upon us down here too! Getting close..

41 - 60 of 143 Posts