Minnesota Morels 2020 Mud Ducks

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by Old Elm, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Chanterelle nut

Chanterelle nut Morel Enthusiast

Hey I know there is a lot of old timers in this forum please stay safe. In an interesting tought the woods is probably the safest place right now!

2. stilz

stilz Morel Connoisseur

3. i_heart_shrooms

i_heart_shrooms Morel Connoisseur

Once this weather warms up a bit in April I'm going to start scouting for new spots. I've been at the game for 5 years now and I've already seem some dwindling and empty spots. Gotta keep moving!

Lisse Michaels likes this.
  4. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I Will Hunt..!
    We Will Hunt..!
    I Will Hunt..!
    We Will Hunt..!
    We Will Hunt..!
    We Will Hunt..!
    I Will Hunt..!
    and to Anyone and Everyone ..
    You Should Alteady Know Better ..
    ** So Don't Even Try to Stop Me **
    Get Your Stealth On Yall !!

5. leatherman

leatherman Young Morel

can't wait to get out, perhaps this bad ( needs replacement) hip will give me a break, at least it will make me slowdown and look harder!

6. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Good luck W/your replacement, hoping all goes well for you.
    Keep it real / Keep it Positive.

7. Lisse Michaels

Lisse Michaels Morel Connoisseur

Hello everyone! I thought of you all while I was wandering the woods today. I’m really looking forward to this year, hope you all have a great season. Stay healthy & safe!

8. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

You to LISSE. I have been hiking around alot, cant let OldElm get the jump on me. Could be a fairly early season, but you know how that goes. Good luck to everyone and looking forward to a great season.

9. tundraking

tundraking Morel Connoisseur

I'm still kickin! So far anyway... I needed to get back on here and read something positive for a change. So thank you all for that! Been getting out with my daughter picking up trash in the local parks for exercise and to teach her the ways of the world. March was a good month for sure. Snow is gone for a good portion of the state, and rain is already here. So hopefully we ease into the spring and find our fortunes bountiful!
    On a more serious note: Please be safe and take precautions with this virus. Its definitely no joke. My wife is an RN in the ICU Isolation unit for Coronavirus. She's already been exposed and is currently at home in quarantine sick with the virus, and I can tell you its no fun. The kids and I are trying to keep clean, but it feels like we're living inside a petri dish... So anyway, be safe, stay clean, and there's no better time to go for a walk and find some new potential spots! While most of the population is at home being bored and going crazy, we are the few that will be getting excited for whats to come in the next couple months!!

10. Inthewild

Inthewild Morel Connoisseur

@tundraking,

Prayers and God's speed on recovery for your wife and others with virus.

11. leatherman

leatherman Young Morel

stay safe

and I hope the wife gets better very soon.

12. treebeardlennon

treebeardlennon Morel Enthusiast

Ramps are up in SE MN. Shaping up to be quite an early year. IMG_20200330_134500.jpg

13. Old Elm

Thanks for sharing, that brings this whole virus close to home & the need for diligence, cooperation & faith.
    You all are in my prayers.
    This will be a good spring, found my first Ramp sprouts today, very exciting this early.
    God bless.

14. Old Elm

That’s totally amazing this early, we found some sprouter’s today too, & there is nothing like that first batch of fried Ramps - can’t wait.

15. Dtails

Dtails Morel Connoisseur

Yummy can't wait!!!

16. Chanterelle nut

Chanterelle nut Morel Enthusiast

Anyone has a good online resource in how to harvest ramps?

Tool fan and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

I wish the best for you and your family

18. Cal Naughton Jr

Cal Naughton Jr Young Morel

1 person likes this.
  19. jg010682

jg010682 Morel Connoisseur

Hope your wife feels better soon! We need all hands on deck for this crap its not good. Hopefully i wont get it i have copd so im off work for a wile just avoiding people like the plegue. Hoping to get out in the woods away from people still this spring.

20. jg010682

jg010682 Morel Connoisseur

I dont know of any online resorce other than this site. If you decide to pick them though do it sparingly because it takes 3 to 5 years for them to mature to a point were they can reproduce. Unless there are tons of them around i would say pick 1 in 10 that you see