Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
421 - 440 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its been a really good year! I wish I had taken more pics. I didn't find any huge amounts on any one trip out, but overall I found more than I ever have. I was able to give away a few dozen to friends and I'm dehydrating quite a bit also. I do all of my hunting in the Winona county area and I'm sad to say that the season is just about over down here. I have a spot that I always go to last on a northern slope. We hit well on it last week and I was able to get a couple of dozen more this morning. However, I also found at least a dozen that were too old to keep. I'm probably going to do one final round on Monday. I hope I prove myself wrong. Finally, I enjoy all the great finds and thoughts you all post.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is this St Croix Bluffs Park in Washington County? I’m curious if someone can help me figure out where to look to confirm what counties allow foraging and hiking off trails. I was under the impression that’s not an option in any of the Washington County Parks. I’d love to hike there and look but I’ve been avoiding it because it doesn’t look allowed.
I've read so many different rules and regs, it really is hard to keep everything straight.

When I got there I got a permit and talked to the lady working and gave her full disclosure of my intentions. I even stopped back to show her what I got, as she indicated she never finds any. She didnt say a word about it, but I could have been in the wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've read so many different rules and regs, it really is hard to keep everything straight. When I got there I got a permit and talked to the lady working and gave her full disclosure of my intentions. I even stopped back to show her what I got, as she indicated she never finds any. She didnt say a word about it, but I could have been in the wrong.
Ahh - cool. I was wondering if permits are the answer. Seems so simple now that you say it to just go and ask at the park. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ahh - cool. I was wondering if permits are the answer. Seems so simple now that you say it to just go and ask at the park. Thanks!
https://www.co.washington.mn.us/Doc...ling-Wild-Mushrooms-in-Minnesota-82019?bidId= if you click the link on their google maps page. Then search “forage”. They have this document from 2019 on the Washington County page; that document doesn’t suggest it’s prohibited. But they don’t really discuss foraging recreationally.

·
Registered
2 Posts

if you click the link on the St.Criox Bluffs google maps page. Then search “forage”.
They have this document from 2019 on the Washington County page; that document doesn’t suggest it’s prohibited.
But they don’t really discuss foraging recreationally.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh boy I left like 40+ babies to grow. Should of pickled them all. Today they were shriveled up and moldy or huge and mushy picked 3 out of the bunch that were halfway decent. Started looking in my late spots but areas are just spongy and soft too. also found oysters but man they were filled with bugs and larva. Even my wild asparagus is almost too big already 18-24" tall only pick a few handfuls. Gonna have to start going deep and hopefully it pays off!

421 - 440 of 467 Posts