Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
441 - 460 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What a year! Total count for the year was 412, ate a bunch, gave a decent amount away and dehydrated a bunch. I came across at least 6 trees with over 25, a dozen trees with at least a dozen and one with 90. had some growing next to an oak tree we just cut down at the lake and found one in my strawberry patch at home. I think was my best year yet! Until next year folks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your missing some good eats
That's what I hear, just need to find the time. I do find oysters and chicken of the woods at the cabin, those I don't have to look for. I find them on the oak stumps and logs from all of the oaks we've had to take down. The damn oak wilt has taken out almost all of our oaks up there, we got 3 more that need to come down. After these come down we'll be at 19 oaks and I'll only 3 left on my property

·
Registered
66 Posts
Season is done in Barron and Polk County. Found 40 under dead elm in the shade and they were all monsters and drying up. Not a bad year for a 14 year old... 230 morels is plenty. Enough to eat, share, and dehydrate. Time to keep scouting all year long for more spots lol. Or maybe I will join some of you with the summer shrooms...🤔

·
Registered
8 Posts
Season is done in Barron and Polk County. Found 40 under dead elm in the shade and they were all monsters and drying up. Not a bad year for a 14 year old... 230 morels is plenty. Enough to eat, share, and dehydrate. Time to keep scouting all year long for more spots lol. Or maybe I will join some of you with the summer shrooms...🤔
The few "Can't Miss" summer shrooms that really don't have scary lookalikes are fun to find. And another excuse to get in the woods. Keep a lookout in these forums and I'm sure folks can help ya and point you in the right direction!

441 - 460 of 467 Posts