Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
In most places Chanterelles. I would advise you to get on YouTube and search for a site called Learn Your Land. They are located in western PA., but the guy is very knowledgeable. They can provide tips on the seasonality of mushrooms. And who knows? There may be somebody from your neck of the woods who posts their also.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've hunted morels exclusively for the last 6 years and I feel stupid asking but here goes.........what now?
Now you need to get your hands on some field guides if at all possible and start trying to id some of the shrooms you come across. I would start looking for crown tip corels and white and golden oysters next would be chicken of the woods then about the end of June the lobsters should start a few weeks later should be chantrelles usually about the beginning of July after that about the beginning of August you could start looking for hedgehogs and sometime about the end of August early September the hen of the woods also a few others will be mixed into all that somewere lol if you have any questions about when were or what you are finding post some pictures and ask questions we will help you out

·
Registered
11 Posts
What's up community. I haven't posted here in a few years but this season was pretty decent I must say. Last year I could not go hunting at all - little accident - so relied on others this year and to pay it forward I volunteered my knowledge, spots, and out-of-tune original songs to anybody who wanted them. I don't love social media but that's where I was doing that. It might be over, and I took 43 people out and we scored about 3,000 morels over 16 days.

Thank you if you went - thank you if you read about it - thank you if you brought me candy. What a community! I've just now possibly been blocked from one of the biggest social media pages/groups, maybe it's just a mistake, since I just posted something today offering to head out one last time or two. No money involved - not my goal - and not offering that here. Just wanted to send some positivity to everybody and say that I'll be back in July with a better organized schedule and multiple certified (like myself) hunters and herbalists and a guy who likes rocks. I'll be live streaming it starting July 8th so I'm sam, used to make youtube videos, now I don't and here are some pictures. It was really fun. Cheers I'll check back

Food Ingredient Natural material Plant Dish
Forehead Nose Cheek Head Eye
Plant Natural material Seed Event Fashion accessory
Food Ingredient Recipe Cookware and bakeware Cuisine
Plant Green Botany Terrestrial plant People in nature

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cburta,

I know what you mean! In Crow Wing I never even thought of them as a large viable morel option. Then this year found a bunch, day later my neighbor sent pictures asking what they were..never had anything by the house. Then a few days later my mom sent me pictures asking about the mushrooms. I've never seen a morel at their house in 30 years but here they are popping up all over her flower gardens.. Was a very crazy year to say the least.

461 - 467 of 467 Posts