Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just thought i would get this going since the morels are pretty much done for the year. Post all your other mushrooms and anything else edible here.
Way to go!!! Man you're a busy person, how do you find the time to start up this site and find all of those awesome shrooms too? Must confirm what I've always thought, mushrooms give you super powers!!! Lol... Keep up the great work & happy hunting funguys & fungals!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else ever tried to make chicken strips with your chicken of the woods? I dipped them in egg and rolled them in shore lunch was pretty good. Just wondering if there is a better recipe. View attachment 35338
I made some a couple years ago with a tempura batter using rice flour and soda water. The trick is to hand shred them and kinda rough them up around the edges so the batter has more surface area to stick to and put them on wood skewers+ fry in 350- 375 oil. If you do the egg wash way lightly dust with flour before and use only the egg whites with a tsp of water mixed and then roll in seasoned flour mix b4 frying. Bon appetit!

·
Registered
94 Posts
any chants yet? this heat and humidity is going to make this an amazing season!! does anyone have any pointers on where to find lions mane?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chantrells wont start until july somewere in that area unless we get some extreme heat and rain then maybe the end of june. Lions main ive never actualy found any and would be interested in knowing what to look for to find it. Any tips on the type of habitat to look for would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 286 Posts