Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been finding lots of good stuff lately! This is my first real year shrooming so I'm learning. Are chicken done for the year? I got an excellent app (shroomify) that helps me ID in the field but the geographic area is pretty broad so the "when it is in season" chart is way off, I'm sure. We didn't see any chicken last weekend and found two little hen and done chanterelles (more that were too old to harvest). I highly recommend the app for newbies, at least to learn what is in season and what you might want to take home to cross-reference.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey all, put an offer on a new place in the country. Time to get out of town!! Hopefully moving in the next month. Only reason this is pertinent info is, checked the property out last weekend. Beautiful oak woods dying into creek bottom. I hardly got into the yard and noticed a pile of oysters growing up a dead poplar. Dead elms all over, and a very nice hen growing at the base of an oak ten feet from the house!!!!! Its a nice place. Not my dream, but the shrooms sold me!! Gotta sell this place first. Lots of work ahead!!! I will try to check in, otherwise i will talk to you all in the spring!! Happy winter good luck hunting and fishing!!!!!!!!
Mason
That sounds awesome Man! Good luck on getting the house. I'm jealous about the getting out of town thing, although I'm technically not in town, I'm still in an old development.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Been dry but season's still very much alive. Been seeing fresh new hens alongside old rotten ones and everything in between. Haven't seen any giant puffball yet.

281 - 285 of 285 Posts