121 - 140 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Thats what i thought but im not good at identifying bouletes so i just leave them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
@Chantrelle nut thanks for the info maybe i will have to go back and pick some and give them a try. I have just stayed away from them because i wasnt sure how to identify them. But with all the others that i know well i dont really need to add another to the list but i might as well go give them a try.

On another note i gave all the chantrelles i picked this morning to my son and then me and him went and found half a grocery bag full for me. I think ill give part of them away though its just to many for me to eat
20200709_155240.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Found a handful of chanterelles in Dakota county yesterday. Lots of ripe black raspberries. Gooseberries starting to ripen too. I don't mind the unripe green gooseberries for a little sour punch; they are especially good when sweet-pickled.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You guys are killin it! I've made it out once this summer, last Friday, and it was bone dry. Good ole Elk River vortex. Storms part like the red sea around us...
I managed to find a handful of chants. We've had some storms finally come through the last few days, so hopefully things will start happening here soon. Haven't had the time to go out anyway, but I will!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My aunt has five acres around her house. Nice gravel with mixed oak hardwoods. She didn't know if she had any mushrooms out there. She said i could look. And WOW!!!! All south facing slopes. The top and north slopes are just starting to button.
IMG_20200721_195735_01.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Any advice on preserving my king boletes? I have dried other bolete species in the past, but these are nice and firm. Was hoping there was a freezing option. Thoughts????

121 - 140 of 192 Posts