Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Im pretty sure this is a coliflower mushroom just thought I would post it to confirm with some of you that know more about them than me View attachment 44260
That looks like a Cauliflower to me, however I've never found one myself. Did you eat it? That one is at the top of my mushroom bucket list. Also, great job piling up hens, as usual.

· Registered
47 Posts
I can't believe its already that time, for Maitake... My new place has become a mushroom mecca! I honestly don't think I've ever seen so many different species of mushrooms in one place! I've been finding some really nice meaty smooth chants, and found 5 porcini just 15 feet from my front door, growing from the lawn. Lawn basically being woods, but mowed... Haven't had time to good full-on foraging, but hope to this week. Good luck out there!
Awesome dude, I'm jealous!

· Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for sharing jg. We just received of those Back To the Roots boxes as a gift (the gray variety). Super helpful to visualize the process/progress. Best darn guidebook of all time featured in the background too...

A buddy and I went out and found some turkeytail in good shape along the Mississippi River. He makes a double extraction (water and alcohol) elixir using chaga, birch polypore, and turkeytail. It was fun to be out on the hunt in some capacity. Happy Holidays all, may your table be full with fungus...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts