Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
My big 5 are: chants, trumpets, chicken, porcini and lobster. That list didn't have puffballs but can't stand puffballs. Aborted entoloma? Spelling? Shrimp. That's tasty. Winter chants if you know any good bogs!

SOOOO I am looking for at least one certified shroomer to join up with us this day in July. This day you can come out as a guest or if you would like to volunteer a full day the 13th of July. Looking for anybody who will give a one hour live-streamed talk about their experiences hunting. And our mission is to provide free knowledge, guidance and tips to a community that is decreasingly local (in my opinion). With an incredible community, nobody should be learning about chants from a random youtube channel on the east coast! This isn't "my" event, it's ours. And it's free. Maybe I mentioned that. It's free. 55110 this day

Summer Foray - Day 1
Friday, July 8⋅ 2:00 – 8:00pm

The adventure begins with an exploratory campaign. More advanced hunters encouraged to choose this day, as we'll be returning to this spot and the diversity of mushrooms and plants here is LIT

A late start on the day, mosey in at your convenience and our group of 5-6 will work with each other to forage and identify the local offerings, socialize, and exchange knowledge / experiences. Pizza and coffee probably will be available

· Registered
12 Posts
Interested in joining. Total newbie
Joining our week in July? Anybody can if they message me, or find me elsewhere. I will send you a message (if you were asking about the July event) and to extrapolate this goes from July 8th to the 18th, is always free, always public, and is mostly in Ramsay county. The last day I was out for morels I was giving a little tour for a family with three kids, it was one of the best mushroom hunting days I've ever had.

I'll send that message and suggest a few days that are geared toward less experienced hunters, people with specific interests (there's a lobster day, a chanterelle heavy day, and a st. croix day). For anybody who can't make it i'll eventually find a way to get the live stream information available.

· Registered
12 Posts
What metro? How get address? Really interested but don't know how far.
55110 - That's the begging and end and then the other 2 locations are
St. Croix (state park? I have private land to use there as well, cool guy who I talk to on a bike path)
and I'd like to go to / around the Pine city area, where I have private land accessible as well

Appreciate your interest, I wanted to say that's where it was happening and yeah please message me!

CONFIRMED two mushroomers w/ certification
CONFIRMED herbalist
NOT CONFIRMED a guy who loves rocks
DATES July 8th- 18th LOCATION Ramsey County (8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 18th) St. Croix (16th, 17th) and Pine City / surrounding areas (12th, 13th, 14th)

I made this for a retrospective of all the people who foraged with me the last two weeks. this is only half of the days, half of the people who came.
Plant Green Nature Organism Grass

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm editing sorry sorry had to say - this is not an ad i don't accept money. I'm a mycological anarchist. Ok. This was the original below_

I didn't get much feedback here so apologies if anybody was bummed out that i didn't message them back, I've been out for chanterelles about 6-7 times now, not too many are interested. Chants are finally getting big enough to spot and trumpets are just starting. If anybody is interested there's an MMS foray i'm leading in central mn (just mms members can attend) on their schedule next week and I'll be out on monday. Live streaming from st. croix tomorrow, find me. I'm sam. i'm easy to find

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts