Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Couldn’t tell you. Probably. I know of at least one person who has been finding black morels this past week in north MS.
Thank you. I grew up in Illinois and moved down here 10 years ago, just found out that they are here! My dad retired down here last may, so I’m trying to get him going since we did it every year together up there.

· Registered
27 Posts
KC, MO hunter with family down that way. Glad to know they can be found down there. Family has some land near Lexington, MS that looks looks like it may have potential to produce....and I'd be the only one hunting them, no one else in the family even knows what a morel looks like...even better for me. (y)

I know it's too late for this season...what ballpark time frame would be the best to target for a trip down that way?

· Registered
1 Posts
ElsieW, thank you for sharing general eco region area (Loess Bluffs). I wanted to ask, based on your experience what would you say was the timeframe of the morel season starting in your area.

I’m Riley county KS area (flint hills), and we started finding them this year first weekend of April very very few blacks, second weekend the greys until 4th weekend, then yellows. I went out this passed Sunday 5/9/2021, DID NOT find anymore.

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Thats where I am. We have yet to find any. We are originally from the midwest and really need a fix.
Hmm hmm hmm Ha Ha Hu, Howdy @mingsmom .. You Really do Need A fix,. Man you are Jones'n for it...
I don't Know you May have to travel 5 hrs for a Pop'n Spot at this late date..
Hey Yall
Wade here..is they any of us Out there that can help Good Girl out... get ta talk'n🍄✌

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, down here on the coast looking forward to finding Morels in the new year! I remember seeing them as a kid so I know they can occur down here but not sure where the best place to look would be? Maybe around the Desoto Nat. Forest? What's the farthest south report known in the state? TIA and happy hunting for this upcoming season!

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
First time hunting. I'll be looking in Montgomery County. Any tips for where to look for them in the woods? I have about 70 acres to look in. Thanks for any help!
Howdy @megwoo
Wade here...
You're on the Right Thread to follow along down the trail on here, with others and learn along the way...
Your 70 acres will be easy to cover, and if they are in there You will find them.. just stay in the woods and Simpley..
Love the Hunt
from Wade 🤠

21 - 35 of 35 Posts