Missouri 2020 Season- Chasing the Motherload

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by kb, Mar 10, 2020.

1. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Let the hunt begin.

2. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i want to Hunt in Missouri someday.
    Until then...i am Anxious to see yalls Findings... when will Yalls begin @kb
    and Everyone?

3. Morelofthestory402

Morelofthestory402 Morel Enthusiast

Sounds like it just did. Someone here
    Posted a dated find today in sw mo

Love morels and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Shroom Picker

Shroom Picker Morel Enthusiast

Got my vacation days ready to schedule. Just waiting for the posts of good finds.

5. dem

dem Young Morel

This weather’s going to make it tough. Surprised that they haven’t popped already.

6. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Wade up in my NW. corner of the state I have found them as early as late march and as late as the third week of May. The usual prime season in the northern part of the state is probably second week of April through the first week of May. Seems we are a little ahead of schedule this year to me but only time will tell. You know morels, when that top soil warms up to the right temp. they either pop or they don't. To dry forget it. Late hard freeze once they start, bad news. To hot to fast, short season. I just hope we get rain every week for the next 2 months and it stays cloudy and under 75 degrees. Not to much to ask is it?

7. Morel stomper

Morel stomper Morel Enthusiast

Picker im ready.

8. wade

@kb
    it does not seem like to much to ask

9. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

slowed stuff down today. barely hit 40. Lots of rain in the forecast for the next 10 days across "morel alley", this is my version of tornado alley for the storm chasers. Anything I can reach in a day, generally up to 500 miles or so round trip is in the alley. Although those posts out of Texas and S.Ok. sure look good. Have to do a overnight on that I would guess from my home base. All the rain they had down that way I imagine will produce good pickin. No floods please.

10. huntergatherer

huntergatherer Morel Connoisseur

I'm with you KB, just a little too far, i have to save up and do one 2 or 3 week trip

2 people like this.
  11. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Well hunter I got lucky/old enough to retire last year. My hunt time is now based on wife's wishes and taking care of dad. I can be a little more flexible than the last 40 years.

12. Morel stomper

Morel stomper Morel Enthusiast

If my jobsite shutsdown for this virus i will definitely be in the woods looking for them golden beauties everyday. Good luck everyone. Looking forward to see them motherlaod pics.

13. blarneystone

blarneystone Morel Enthusiast

Wade, Found them as early as the first week of April. No shortage of moisture around here. A few more weeks of warm weather and they'll be up. Could use some solar radiation to help out, but it's been more clouds than sun lately.
    Best of luck to everyone. Will be a strange year with this nasty virus lingering around. It's safer in the woods than in the city, even with the ticks.

14. Kirby

Kirby Morel Enthusiast

I’m so ready! I think if we get all this moisture, then get those warm muggy days and night temps around 45-50 Kirby and the rest of the crew will be on those sons a bitches!!! LFG!!!!!!!!

15. wade

I Will Hunt..!

We Will Hunt..!

I Will Hunt..!

We Will Hunt..!

We Will Hunt..!

We Will Hunt..!

I Will Hunt..!

and to Anyone and Everyone ..

You Should Already Know Better ..

** So Don't Even Try to Stop Me **

Get Your Stealth On Yall !!

JSTB1723 and Morel stomper like this.
  16. morchella ed

morchella ed Morel Connoisseur

I'm up in Minneapolis. Both my jobs are temporarily shut down with no end date posted. I'm also a student and my classes all just went entirely online....I'm seriously contemplating jumping in my car and driving to Arkansas!!

17. jasonl

jasonl Morel Connoisseur

Shrooms should pop after some dry time and night temps stay steadily above 50...IMO

1 person likes this.
  18. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Another cold rainy day in NW Mo.

1 person likes this.
  19. wade

Same here @kb .. if this weather Pattern stays similar with cool temperatures and Rain every day or so..
    it should add up to a flourishing season
    for All of us

20. Shroom Picker

Shroom Picker Morel Enthusiast

Work shutdown for 2 weeks. Guess I'll start looking for some early ones. Gotta be easier than finding toilet paper. Damm Hoarders. Good luck yall.