Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

341 - 360 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
It was extreme social distancing! Ha. That spot you were in the Appalachians sounds just as good. Drove through the southern parts a couple of times when I was younger. Did not have the sense then to slow down and breath it all in. Also got to see an eagle, blue heron, and a spunky blue racer snake that thought I was going to eat him I guess. If nothing else some kids are going to get out a little more in nature and hopefully carry on through life. Nothing against the online gaming, not my cup of tea, but fresh air and sunlight are things I think any person needs to stay healthy.
Talk about snakes. Having my eyes glued to the ground I didn't notice this until I was to close for comfort. Snakes creep me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Talk about snakes. Having my eyes glued to the ground I didn't notice this until I was to close for comfort. Snakes creep me out.
Are them snakes poisonous? Glade we dont have much for poisonous ones here in Minnesota only one spot in the south west corner of the state we have timber ratlers but thats it for poisonous snakes here.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Are them snakes poisonous? Glade we dont have much for poisonous ones here in Minnesota only one spot in the south west corner of the state we have timber ratlers but thats it for poisonous snakes here.
No they eat rats and mice and birds good snakes to have

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
Been a busy week, 2 trips to the Flint Hills and two trips north to Iowa have netted over #15 total. Season is getting old in Kansas and Mo. now unless they are out of the sun. Finally getting some leaf cover. Wish the 80's would have stayed away for another week. More rain in Iowa would be nice. Got the most I have ever picked on one Ash tree today, 47 north slope beauties. I normally find no more than a dozen at most and usually 1-3.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure but I don't think so. I wear my knee high Northerners when I hunt. We have timber rattlers and copperheads here in NE Mo. Yuck

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Another end of the season coming on in Mo. Cooler temps. no cold snap in N. counties, and more precip. in the last week would have helped. This run of high 70s and 80's and no rain kind of put the kibosh on new growth.

341 - 360 of 389 Posts