Missouri 2020 Season- Chasing the Motherload

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by kb, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Morel stomper

Morel stomper Morel Enthusiast

Shroom picker good luck. Im still working right now. If i get laid off i will meet up with you buddy. I still think we are a couple weeks early though. But i do enjoy the woods though.

2. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

And you won't have anyone coughing on you either Picker. Had a line for TP at the local Walmart, barriers up like they had buckets of gold. I know where the gold is going to be, in the timber!

3. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yall over there in Missouri ,
    got'r lookn good..
    i can't do it Now..
    but someday i want to get in on some
    Morel Hunt'n With Yall..

4. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Yeah I ready for sure most of my spots dont seem to get going until mid to late April but I'm always looking I'm on the east side of the state just south of stl

5. Tamalama

Tamalama Morel Enthusiast

Sorry to hear of your job dilemmas and the perils of all college students. With that being said....whatcha waitin for my friend ?!? If I were in your situation and no ties holding me back...I'd be crossing the Arkansas border as we speak !!! Take full advantage of your youth, your health and the weather. Follow your dreams and I hope the road leads you to Shroomville

6. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

7. JCreek

JCreek Young Morel

I've been lurking a couple of years. Decided to log in. SW Mo. Good luck everyone!

Tamalama and (deleted member) like this.
  8. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Ur profile.pic looks like a bridge that goes over the big river

9. JCreek

JCreek Young Morel

Gosh. Brush Creek? I think. Abandoned bridge up in St Clair County. I don't really have a pic of myself and nobody
    would want to see me anyway! So, stuck that up there. It was either that or the cats.

1 person likes this.
  10. beowulf75

beowulf75 Morel Enthusiast

1 person likes this.
  11. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

IMG_0287.jpg another one found in Washington county

12. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Washington county

Shroom Picker likes this.
  13. stephen_stl

stephen_stl Young Morel

Quick question: Does anyone know the habitat for black morels? What trees do they grow by? Planning on hitting the woods soon and want to know what to look for.

1 person likes this.
  14. Mark Camp

Mark Camp Morel Enthusiast

What part of the state are you in? I hunt Platte and Buchanan Counties mostly.

15. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

In the woods and usually oaks were I find most of mine

16. jasonl

jasonl Morel Connoisseur

I found 3 fresh ones yesterday.......just came up ,......monday there should be a panfull.......i am in southwest mooosery ....

17. morelchef

morelchef Morel Enthusiast

Checked some spots in KC area Thursday, we are close but no cigar.
    Heading south as we type.

2 people like this.
  18. morelchef

morelchef Morel Enthusiast

KB , are you out of school for the year?

1 person likes this.
  19. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Chef, glad to see you are alive and all in for another season. My man I am not just out I am retired after working full time for 42 years! Just have to avoid getting Captain Trips or giving it to my wife or father. You are right it is getting close up this way. How far south you headed? I was thinking about heading down to some spots near the Okl. border area on Tues. Got to be some down there of all sizes I would think. Just got to go, can't stand it anymore. You guys got a lot of rain just south of KC the other night, that was a timely one. Give me a call some time if you still got my number or shoot me a PM on this board. We have never hunted together and maybe this is the year something will be more copacetic. Hey RodneyP64 how did your trip go if you are lurking out there? I was hoping you would send me a good picture for me to show my wife to prove I had a reason to drive 500 miles. Ha! After my fiasco in Okl. last year she thinks I am losing my touch and my mind is slipping. That dream I had of a forest of stumps still has me shook up. Got to find a bunch to get the good dreams back.

2 people like this.
  20. Morel stomper

Morel stomper Morel Enthusiast

Went out today in st charles county did not find any. Checked my early spot and nothing☹. I will give it try next weekend.