Missouri 2020 Season- Chasing the Motherload

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by kb, Mar 10, 2020.

1. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

I will most likely walk to the one. Walking 4-6 miles a day in season is no problem,particularly on flat lands. I can see what you mean now and it all has possibilities. Never usually go to the area due to population pressure. If my brother gets his surgery cancelled due to the Kung Flu we may take the boat, but he is really laid up so I hope he gets it done. I appreciate the tips, I will do my best to make sure no morel goes to waste. Hope your new location pays off for you. About 10 years ago I did real well on a several small streams in that area on soft maples, maybe if the birch don't produce the maples will. Morels always keep us guessing.

2 people like this.
  2. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Man I would think it should be getting good for u guys out west

3. beowulf75

beowulf75 Morel Connoisseur

It’s that time of the year again. Those days were I vacillate between going out and waiting.
    If I go out, I know damn good and well it’s too early here and I’ll strikeout. If I don’t go out, I’m worried I’m missing the season.

4. Shroom Picker

Shroom Picker Morel Enthusiast

Found 3 little ones today Montgomery County
    20200401_105015.jpg 20200401_105024.jpg 20200401_105032.jpg

5. Morel stomper

Morel stomper Morel Enthusiast

6. jimana143

jimana143 Morel Enthusiast

I’ve been finding blacks since the second week of March. It looks like half free morels are abundant as well.

Attached Files:

7. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

My mom found about a half dozen in house springs today

8. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

R u out west?

9. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

10. 1munster

1munster Young Morel

Yeah hope they aren't as hard to come by ast turdtickets!

stephen_stl and (deleted member) like this.
  11. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Lolol shell in my experience they will be lolol

12. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Well hope none of u hunt morels stl county 8 tonight all there parks r shutting down:eek:

13. Canofveggies

Canofveggies Morel Enthusiast

I'm wondering if they are closing just the STL County Parks or if the MDC Conservation areas will be off limits as well...

1 person likes this.
  14. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Anyone going today or over the weekend

1 person likes this.
  15. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

All my plans to drive south have been put on hold to stay close to family. First time in decades I have not. I guess the virus is causing all of us to change our lives, hopefully a one year deal. We are getting a little rain, sleet this morning in NW. Mo. Below freezing temps tonight. We really need any rain we can get. It was 10 days since last measurable amount around here, to long for morels to fruit. I hope we will get some up as temps. warm this week. I hope all the board members and their families have a safe spring and and fill a few sacks as they social distance in the timber. God bless America.

16. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

The new said stl county parks only I would think conservation is still open

1 person likes this.
  17. beowulf75

Without question.

2 people like this.
  18. rebel44

rebel44 Young Morel

Weldon Spring CA today, lots of people out. These 2 are from my “early” spot, let em gro 5B2CD03B-8D2E-4AE0-A39F-30C205E9A8DF.jpeg

19. Morel stomper

Morel stomper Morel Enthusiast

I went out today in warren county. Found nothing. I might try st charles county tomorrow.

20. beowulf75

I found two miniscule grays. I only found them because I know exactly where they pop every year and I was at the perfect angle to see them under the leaf litter.
    I’m going to restrain from going out for a few days. I worry all I’m doing now is trouncing the undetectable babies.