Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

101 - 120 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I found two miniscule grays. I only found them because I know exactly where they pop every year and I was at the perfect angle to see them under the leaf litter.
I’m going to restrain from going out for a few days. I worry all I’m doing now is trouncing the undetectable babies.
I think wensday is the day I'm going to hit it hard

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I found two miniscule grays. I only found them because I know exactly where they pop every year and I was at the perfect angle to see them under the leaf litter.
I’m going to restrain from going out for a few days. I worry all I’m doing now is trouncing the undetectable babies.
Wise decision I would say beo. stomping babies is not nice. I hate the ones that dig up the leaves looking for them. Kill the babies and we get no big yellows. I remember when I was about 10 and my brother and I picked about 40 tiny morels so small you could only see them on your hands and knees and have child eyesight. It was around a big dead elm. Dad was not to impressed when we showed him our handful of itty bitties. He took us back to the same tree about a week or so later to pick nice yellows and whites and pointed out our mistake. Who knows how many we broke off crawling around. I rarely pick anything not bigger than an inch anymore. If someone else gets it oh well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think wensday is the day I'm going to hit it hard
Jmerx, have you found our flushes come about 7-10 days after much of JeffCo, St. Co and St. Chas Co?
Doing this for 22 years, I’ve noticed this annual pattern. I think it’s the altitude. After all, it’s called “Hillsboro”, not “Bottomlandboro.”

·
Registered
819 Posts
Jmerx, have you found our flushes come about 7-10 days after much of JeffCo, St. Co and St. Chas Co?
Doing this for 22 years, I’ve noticed this annual pattern. I think it’s the altitude. After all, it’s called “Hillsboro”, not “Bottomlandboro.”
I pic most 9f mine in Washington county but yes I know what u mean

101 - 120 of 387 Posts