1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Message Board 2016

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by missourishroommate, Mar 8, 2016.

1. missourishroommate

missourishroommate Morel Connoisseur

Hello everybody! It is that time of year again!! I heard a rumor last night that someone in MO has found some babies. Anyone have any information on that?

Good luck ShroomMates!
    Mitch

2. moreldreams

moreldreams Morel Enthusiast

No but it would not surprise me.

3. taterqueen913

taterqueen913 Morel Enthusiast

My friend said the lady she works with got a pic from her nephew but I can't find anything on it yet. You know how it goes. Last yr someone posted one as a joke from the previous year on facebook and it was on like wildfire everyone thinking they were out already.

This weather does start the itch though, doesn't it? Can't wait. I have a spot that I find the babies at first, no dice for me today there. Couldn't help but take a peek. Mo conservation page said they thought we'd blow last years first reports out of the water. Hope they are right.

4. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

whats up Mitch? Any luck down south yet? I guess we may start a little early this year, we will see. Record high for today was 81, the record low -8, I kind of hope everything slows down a little to be safe.. Hope you have had a healthy winter.

5. missourishroommate

missourishroommate Morel Connoisseur

Hello kb! Nice to hear from you! I have spent 7 days in the last two weeks down in the super swampy south and the weather has put the progression on hold down there from Ardmore to Austin. North of there to Wichita is starting to look ready. A couple early finds in OK and MO but nothing yet for Missouri ShroomMate!

Mitch

6. adriana

adriana Morel Enthusiast

Im planning a visit to a friend in St. Louis sometime in April or early May. What are the best weeks for morels in the area? Here in Georgia we're expecting an early season. There were reports of finds yesterday south of Atlanta.

7. jeffschre

jeffschre Morel Enthusiast

With the warm weather and soaker rains we've had this week, if I can get out, going to go tromping in the woods this weekend...see if I can get lucky.

Anyway, had a question...I know I missed alot of good hunting days last year (oncall rotation at work) trying to avoid that this year. If one were going to burn some vacation time (maybe a week or two) to go hunting, what weeks would have the most "promise"?

8. supplyguy1973

supplyguy1973 Morel Enthusiast

Went out yesterday to scout a few spots that blacks come up. Around here it is a bit early but I can't wait to go back out this coming weekend. It won't be long

9. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Jeff, I am up here by St. Joseph and usually I would say the last 15 days of April/ first week of May in a normal year, but this year I don't know. I would say I am no more than 2 weeks out up here, maybe much less if it stays this warm. I hate early springs, they turn out bad to many times. Hold off taking it as long as you can is my advice. Mitch, it is looking good down south as far as the weather goes. I got a new Ok. Atlas in the mail today to from Amazon, Karma?

10. laxin_1999

laxin_1999 Morel Enthusiast

Too cold, looking forward to a week of 70 degree days before I go out.

11. mozeta

mozeta Morel Enthusiast

Just went out over my lunch break and found 3 good size blacks at one of my reliable spots in South St. Louis County. Guess the season has started early this year. Also noticed a lot of May Apples popping up in some places.

12. jeffschre

jeffschre Morel Enthusiast

That's better than my luck, tromped around in the wood for a couple of hours at Weston Bend State Park didn't find anything but alot of May Apples.

13. newb87

newb87 Morel Connoisseur

Just got home from checking a few spots and found 30 small medium sized greys in KC MO by the river. Still a tad to early but there up.

14. joeblow

joeblow Morel Enthusiast

Nada tonight in the creek bottoms BUT some warm days and they should be a poppin...

Please give your thoughts on the effects of the winter and last spring flooding on the river bottoms as it relates to morels.

15. newb87

newb87 Morel Connoisseur

]//i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y303/byronhersh/Mobile%20Uploads/20151109_132613_zpsrqwkh2w4.jpg[/URL][/img][/url]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  16. newb87

newb87 Morel Connoisseur

[​IMG]

17. newb87

newb87 Morel Connoisseur

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. newb87

newb87 Morel Connoisseur

Finally figured out how to post pics lol... :cool:

19. newb87

newb87 Morel Connoisseur

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Got a little photo happy now that I figured it out lol...

20. horsepotatoe

horsepotatoe Morel Enthusiast

Went out to Stockton area and we got skunked. The area looked great!