Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all! I am new to the area and will only be here for a few months. Unfortunately, I missed the amazing KS hunting season. I am an amateur morel hunter. Anyone interested in showing me and a few buddies around?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Good afternoon all! I am new to the area and will only be here for a few months. Unfortunately, I missed the amazing KS hunting season. I am an amateur morel hunter. Anyone interested in showing me and a few buddies around?
Are you military on the base? If so you have access to the cottonwoods on the Mo. river bottoms on the base. Just walk the cottons, you will find something in a week or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you military on the base? If so you have access to the cottonwoods on the Mo. river bottoms on the base. Just walk the cottons, you will find something in a week or two.
Yes, we are all military. Went walking the last few days. Saw some mushrooms, but not the right kind. I appreciate the info. I welcome any other advice.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I the hills there look for dead elm. Bark just starting to slip off showing bare wood. In the bottoms any place could be good this year on cottonwoods. Big flood year before last should be good for morels this year. If you can find some that tipped over you may get the motherload. Good luck and thank you and your buddies for you service. I am mostly on the Mo. board if you have any other questions. Enjoy the spring timber. Don't forget to spray your clothes with some permethrin tick spray from your local Walmart. They will be arriving also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We went hunting along the river this past weekend. All we saw were a bunch of snakes! I'm hoping the rain this week will have the morels growing this weekend. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts