Moderator Recruitment!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by morels_admin, Feb 13, 2019.

1. morels_admin

morels_admin Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We’re looking for dedicated Morels users to help moderate our site forum. Mods ensure that forum posts meet site guidelines, and they help to protect users from harassment. If you’re interested in joining our moderation team or have someone you wish to nominate, please contact me directly or post in this thread.

Nominees must have a few important attributes.
    Be an active contributing member.
    The ability to fully follow our community rules and lead by example.
    Able to access the site from a computer, not just mobile.
    The ability to treat ALL members with respect.​

I have to emphasize that our Mod team consist purely of Volunteers who help us because of their love for the forum, the Community and the fun it entails.

Thank you!

2. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello Carlee... Wade here....
    Thank You for your Time and Efforts
    Yes I have given a lot of thoughts to being or not being a Moderator ..on Our Beloved Morels.com..
    My decision is Yes , I do want to be a Moderator here and for it
    to be an addition to My life, and Legacy..
    * I want to Help people
    * I'm already on here all the time
    * I built and Ran my Own company
    for 33 years..
    * Had 60 employees I took care of and keep busy making money Year round
    * I closed it down and retired from it
    * and I miss some of the responsibilities problem solving, and using my Leadership skills
    *I do Love the interaction, and True Friendships that , We have with one another here on Morels.com
    * and I am Passionate about Protecting it
    * I will really appreciate being appointed
    as a Moderator, let's do it ASAP
    Thank You

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    8 people like this.

3. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

SB

1 person likes this.
  4. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

here is the beginning of my list of Very Good Folks from here on Morels.com.
    they Have all proven themselves to be truly in it for the love of the Hunt together
    and are already the Main Members whom have built Our Indiana Thread and protected us All whenever Trolls invade
    I Nominate:
    * @finderoftheshrooms
    * @indy_nebo
    * @mmh
    * @T tom
    * @Tess
    * @jashroomer
    * @eternalsunking
    * @guff76
    * @br5
    * @Old Elm
    * @elmgirl
    * @Jeff Davis
    * @fishinbrad
    * @tommyjosh
    * @sb
    * @engalwood
    * @Newmorelhunter
    * @morelsxs
    * @trahn008
    * @morelsandmanners

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    2 people like this.
  5. finderoftheshrooms

finderoftheshrooms Morel Connoisseur

Thanks for the nomination Wade.. I'd be happy to donate some of my time to help with the forums in anyway I can.. I believe anyone on your list would make a great moderator.. I would also like to encourage you to throw your hat in the picture to become a mod.. Over the past few years, you have become a valuable and trustworthy member of this community.. I think everyone on your list all has the same aspirations, to make morels.com great again.. Those of us who frequent the Indiana threads, are all to familiar with the consequences of allowing the trolls to run rampant.. A few years back we had a potentially dangerous situation unfold in our main thread.. A troll claiming to own hundreds of acres of land in southern Indiana, was encouraging people to go foraging on the said land.. Turns out he didn't own the land.. Im not sure if it was an attempt to lure people into a secluded location so they could be robbed, or if the troll just thought it would be funny to get people to trespass on private property.. Either way it was a bad situation that could have been a lot worse, had I not stepped in and laid the evidence I had gathered out for everyone to see.. If I remember right the trolls name was Jack Buttler, and then he created several more accounts to give credibility to that account.. I believe this was back in 2012 or 2013.. I know I was using my other account that I got locked out of due to not being able to recover my forgotten password.. As most of you already know, I always get my troll, and I've always done it without access to the resources that moderators have available to them..

6. eternalsunking

eternalsunking Morel Connoisseur

@wade initially encourage me to post of this page with the intent of becoming a moderator. Morels.com is a wonderful source of individuals who are new to foraging and seasoned veteran alike. I believe it is necessary to maintain a positive culture that is open for all to enjoy. The vast majority of individuals on this site have good intentions, but we must keep in mind that this is not true for all. To @morels_admin I strongly encourage that you move forward with selecting a team of moderators.

At this time I will not ask to be one as I do not believe I currently fill the requirements of being an active enough member to fairly oversee this forum. @wade, thank you for the offer. I would be more than happy to take on this task if enough members of the forum request my presence in this manner.

Below is a list of individuals I believe are deserving of this nomination. I have full confidence that they will oversee this forum to maintain the purest spirit of morels.com.

@wade
    @finderoftheshrooms (aka finderoftrolls)
    @T tom
    @br5
    @mmh
    @Old Elm
    @noskydaddy

7. T tom

T tom Morel Connoisseur

Sgt of arms in the troll patrol.

6 people like this.
  8. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Congratulations my good man, happy to hear it.

9. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I will accept my nomination as Moderator for the Indiana message board. I greatly appreciate the confidence in me that others have show by their posts. I will do everything I can to keep the board a friendly, clean environment for all to enjoy.

MMH

T tom, Jmay, (deleted member) and 3 others like this.
  10. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Thank you for this opportunity & yes I will throw my hat in to represent Wisconsin/Minnesota if this will help.
    Please consider & let me know.

11. Gudenhot

Gudenhot Morel Connoisseur

Good luck to all. The Indiana board is fairly active, but usually don't have too much outta line.

P.S. Hoping for an excellent Spring for all.

1 person likes this.
  12. morelorel

morelorel Morel Connoisseur

I'll moderate the Texas board if no one else will. Not too much trouble in there really. Just the occaisional off topic post about shroom spores (and i don't mean morels).

13. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Yea I remember that also, n your right it could have been something that turned out bad.

T tom and (deleted member) like this.
  14. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Yup ol T Tom for Sgt of arms!

15. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

That is a good list, some are newer n some are older on the site and the same in ages so it gives a wide range of perspectives

16. br5

br5 Morel Connoisseur

You can count me in as well. Indiana has a great following and out group is growing. I also hunt Minnesota every year and sometimes get into Wisconsin.

17. gutterman

gutterman Morel Enthusiast

AD554E01-7CBB-4CC1-8AF8-FD8039661C38.jpeg Personally from the Ohio page I would think @sb or @hugh would be great moderators with superb knowledge of hunting. We may not post as much here on the Ohio board as others but we are good hunters with good ethics who overall use the website for the betterment of others hunts as well as aiding ours with migration. Keep your eyes peeled won’t be long.

4 people like this.
  18. engalwood

engalwood Morel Connoisseur

Thanks for the nomination @wade. I could and will be up for donating some of my time as a site Mod. I truly do believe we as a whole can do a great job and carry on the great hunt as a group on here. Time is a drawing near to get out in the woods!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  19. morels_admin

morels_admin Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thank you all for your time and responses! There will be new moderators added to the site by the end of this week. Thank you again.

1 person likes this.
  20. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

The mods have left the building :eek:

T tom and (deleted member) like this.