Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We pay top dollar for fresh picked Morels. No burn Morels please. Always looking for long term relationships. Send a pic for quote. 785.221.6764. We offer seven different instant payment options. Whatever it takes-we can make it happen.馃崉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May I ask why no 'burn Morels'? Just curious; I'll keep your contact info.
I have nothing personal against burn morels although I prefer Midwestern Morels as that is what I grew up with. The majority of my customers are located in the Midwest and East Coast and they also grew up with the Midwestern Morel and that is what they are familiar with as well. I must admit it is not very appetizing to soak some Morels and watch the water turn black as the ash soaks out of them. I have never saw a burn or black morel that when you tear the stem apart where maggots' were not present. Again, not very appetizing and I was told that is the reason they dry them is to kill the maggot. A couple of dealers from WI tried to tell everyone the burns and blacks were just the same as the Midwestern Morels selling them for comparable prices rather than the 50 percent discount they sell for and those that bought them all were sick and they caused record low attendance to a well known Morel Festival and at least one Morel Festival was ruined and no longer exists due to their dis-honesty. If a person had never had the Midwestern Morels and got that unforgettable taste, they would never know the difference maybe. They have been growing the Black Morels (which is what most burn morels are) for many years here in the Midwest and they have no ash and they still are no good to eat. They do have other value than eating fresh but when they come up through the ash, it spoils the process and the resulting product. I will be glad to send you some Midwestern Morels for you to try and find out for yourself if you would like.-SB

Registered
I have nothing personal against burn morels although I prefer Midwestern Morels as that is what I grew up with. The majority of my customers are located in the Midwest and East Coast and they also grew up with the Midwestern Morel and that is what they are familiar with as well. I must admit it is not very appetizing to soak some Morels and watch the water turn black as the ash soaks out of them. I have never saw a burn or black morel that when you tear the stem apart where maggots' were not present. Again, not very appetizing and I was told that is the reason they dry them is to kill the maggot. A couple of dealers from WI tried to tell everyone the burns and blacks were just the same as the Midwestern Morels selling them for comparable prices rather than the 50 percent discount they sell for and those that bought them all were sick and they caused record low attendance to a well known Morel Festival and at least one Morel Festival was ruined and no longer exists due to their dis-honesty. If a person had never had the Midwestern Morels and got that unforgettable taste, they would never know the difference maybe. They have been growing the Black Morels (which is what most burn morels are) for many years here in the Midwest and they have no ash and they still are no good to eat. They do have other value than eating fresh but when they come up through the ash, it spoils the process and the resulting product. I will be glad to send you some Midwestern Morels for you to try and find out for yourself if you would like.-SB
Wow! I had no idea there was that much difference. But, honestly, I have never tried midwestern Morels. unfortunately, out west here we are just happy to find ANY. I can say that I have picked many blacks in the high mountains that were not located in burn areas and they were excellent. I would love to try some midwestern ones just to see what I'm missing! Thanks for the reply and the info! Happy Shroomin'...............

Registered
I'm from Southern Oregon and NEVER seen maggots in the stems of our Morels and they are good eating

Registered
We pay top dollar for fresh picked Morels. No burn Morels please. Always looking for long term relationships. Send a pic for quote. 785.221.6764. We offer seven different instant payment options. Whatever it takes-we can make it happen.馃崉
I have ten pounds of dry morels for sale 60lb would you be interested thay are orcherd morels tex 5598366968 Katy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts