Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your current & past great looking Morel Dinner Pics & Recipes here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife makes a chicken lasagna with a white sauce that the recipe calls for mushrooms. Substitute w,it many morels, sauteed first. Will have recipe soon. Outstanding flavors

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Morels & Tuna Steak over Charcoal

This cook still excites me every time I share it. Nice big, prime, Morels and a great Tuna Steak.

2015-5-(May)-7 017.jpg

2015-5-(May)-7 001.jpg

Tuna steak marinating and the Morels after painting them with Melted garlic butter - ready for the grill.

2015-5-(May)-7 006.jpg

Yea, I put the Morels - they were big enough - right on the grill.

2015-5-(May)-7 010.jpg

The Morels were almost crunchy and a nice contrast to the medium to medium rare, juicy Tuna steak.

2015-5-(May)-7 011.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Morel Flatbread White Pizza

First -- get Morels!!

2013-5-(May)-1 016.jpg

Flatbread is a good "blank slate" starter for a pizza or any other creation.

2014-1-(Jan)-18 005.jpg

Yes . . . if you've been observant, below . . . those are Black Trumpets on the left side of the Flatbread.
If you didnt observe this, you have to "down a shot now" . . . ha!
If you lied and said you observed this and didn't, you have to do two shots!!! Ahh!!

2014-1-(Jan)-18 006-2.jpg

So . . . it still wasn't finished. We then added crumbled Goat Cheese on top, seen below on the bottom piece -- oops got into pigging out and forgot to get a good pic.

When I regained my senses, there was only one Morel White
Pizza Flatbread piece left on the cutting board for a pic.

Like Life -- the good news and the bad news are oftenthe same.

2014-1-(Jan)-18 007.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife makes a chicken lasagna with a white sauce that the recipe calls for mushrooms. Substitute w,it many morels, sauteed first. Will have recipe soon. Outstanding flavors
Yes . . . share it. It sounds like it may be versatile and work with a number of varieties of mushrooms. Yea! Thanks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Morel & Salmon in Puff Pastry

Puff Pastry, Sockeye Salmon, and Morel Mushrooms.

2015-3-(Mar)-2 003.jpg

I love anything done with puff pastery. We don't need to call it Salmon Morel En Cruet or Salmon Wellington.

2015-3-(Mar)-2 004.jpg

The Morels showed up, but still, next time I'm going to double the Morels in this magnificent prep.

2015-3-(Mar)-2 006.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Morel Risotto

Well . . . There's something wonderful about anything done with Risotto. Why not Morels?

DSC00035.JPG

I like to drink a glass of wine while doing the Risotto the slow way -- standing and stirring for the entire cook of the rice -- that's how the true creaminess is attained.

Here with a salad & French dressing. Basic and gooood!

DSC00039 cropped.JPG

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey . . . you're teasing us! Ha!

When I have good dried Morels, at times I like to take off the jar lid, wait only a few seconds, stick my nose into the open jar top and inhale through my nose . . . slowly.
Mushroom . . . MOREL . . . Woods . . . Ambrosia . . . Ahhhh! . . .

(confession follows) If I have no dried Morels, like right now, when I stop in the gourmet Giant Eagle "Market District" grocery store, I'll take the lid off their large jar of dried Morels; Uh, Oh! - costing $260 a pound -and inhale . . . inhale . . .

I'm surprised they don't charge me for sniffing them . . . ha, ha!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts