Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I've bookmarked the whole thread now - everything looks amazing! Love the pics, tips, and ideas... and @beagleboy , I appreciate the recipe for morelballs, please thank your wife as well. :)

No pics this time, but we did use our last frozen bergamot bread dough thingy for pizza, this time with half-free morels added. My husband sauteed them in butter first, then we cooked the whole pizza. Having never had half-frees before, we found the morel taste more subtle than we expected. I don't know if that's typical, but there were quite a few on the pizza, so we were surprised. Nevertheless, it was wonderful, and we had NO complaints!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well, I've bookmarked the whole thread now - everything looks amazing! Love the pics, tips, and ideas... and @beagleboy , I appreciate the recipe for morelballs, please thank your wife as well. :)

No pics this time, but we did use our last frozen bergamot bread dough thingy for pizza, this time with half-free morels added. My husband sauteed them in butter first, then we cooked the whole pizza. Having never had half-frees before, we found the morel taste more subtle than we expected. I don't know if that's typical, but there were quite a few on the pizza, so we were surprised. Nevertheless, it was wonderful, and we had NO complaints!
She said you are welcome. Today for lunch I took some of the leftover meatballs and put them in a roll with some parmesan cheese and pasta sauce and made a morelball sub. It was great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Morels in a chicken stock roux and smoked pork tenderloin. Ramps sauteed in garlic olive oil with wilted baby arugula, grated Reggiano, hemp seed, carrot.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts