Morel Hunters around the Mason city area!!

Discussion in 'Iowa' started by queenbeeisme, May 7, 2013.

1. queenbeeisme

queenbeeisme Young Morel

<span style="color: indigo"> </span> <em><span style="font-size: large"> </span><span style="font-family: Georgia"> </span>Hey to all of you shroom hunters .... was wondering if anyone has been out looking around here yet? I'm so ready to get out there when ever I get a day of doing nothing but to go shroomin. If so have you had any kind of luck?

2. queenbeeisme

queenbeeisme Young Morel

Still wondering if anyone has had any kind of luck here in the Mason city area. I havent had any time off yet to go hunting myself yet. i'm hoping to maybe get out there this weeekend.

3. jlk

jlk Young Morel

I'm also interested to know if anything's happening in northern Iowa. How far north are the morels going to be this weekend?

4. americanpatriot

americanpatriot Young Morel

I was out on public land near mason city for 4 hours yesterday and a few other times over the last week and have yet to find any.

5. americanpatriot

americanpatriot Young Morel

Also talk to a few others that I ran into in the woods, and the where also having no luck

6. morelsnorthiowa4

morelsnorthiowa4 Young Morel

i went out today just outside of mason city and found a dozen small yellows. most places i checked seemed a little dry but after the rain were suppose to get this weekend it should be good.

7. bruno

bruno Young Morel

hey morelsnorthiowa
    were you finding them only by dead elm trees? Where is some public land NW of mason city that has elms? My land doesn't have any and I have found nothing yet :(

8. morelsnorthiowa4

they've been scattered. I've found most by elms. I found 8 Friday and 4 Saturday. I went out again this morning and didn't find any but my gpa found 13 by Charles city. how close are you to mason? lime creeks pretty good but thats only about a mile out of town and a lot of people go there.

9. morelsnorthiowa4

i found 223 today by charles city! im trying to figure out how to get the pictures from my phone onto here. but i would deffinetly get out.

10. morelsnorthiowa4

https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?banner=pwa

11. dsb

dsb Young Morel

Im from forest city and just started hunting (my first hunt was today). Do you think its too late ?

12. dsb

dsb Young Morel

Scratch that! My second and third day both produced 9 morels each! Taste great and im looking for new spots (i have 3 sources already.
    Im only 15 but im hooked!