1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Morel Hunters wanted to... find morels here in WI

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by morelish, May 28, 2013.

1. morelish

morelish Morel Enthusiast

N.Rock/S.Dane Cty WI- I have 12 acres of woods.Have pulled 5-6 each 20 min. hunt session but haven't the time for more. I hate to see them rot if they're there.. I'd like a few pounds- the rest is free to go. Any takers on a day in the woods? It's dips/peaks in terrain in all directions... let me know if interested- I'll take 10 people to start. If interested, contact me at shulavistaalpacas@gmail.com or here. May 28th thru Jun 2. so far.

2. morelsmasterjanesville

morelsmasterjanesville Morel Enthusiast

^Any takers? 10 people is WAYYY extreme. I can hunt a 12 acres woods full of morels in 4-6 hours depending on how many morels I gotta pick under one tree. So 10 people is a LOT

3. young_oakz

young_oakz Morel Enthusiast

but not everyone has access like you to get 50+ pounds in a few trips. maybe this person is just being nice and generous to those that are struggling to find some.

4. morelsmasterjanesville

morelsmasterjanesville Morel Enthusiast

Few trips? No def. not; lets say everyday for four hours a day. Its hard work and dedication; some people have no idea. As for the woods he is being very generous but one person to two people can easily handle the woods and if he gets 10+ guys out there by the 3rd to forth guy they would be lucky to pull shrooms if the first two did the right job

5. morelish

@morelmasterjville; Thank you for the kind words of support. I am definitely not as good a morel hunter as you and may have invited too many people for sure. I was actually looking at the time left in the season, and considered the terrain- a challenge for the fittest. My hope was to share and provide an opportunity to those who share your/my passion for spotting the first 'morel'... and haven't yet found it. Finding just ONE if you're new, is exciting. I wanted to share that. I've been watching posts of eager hunters and as one myself once... I can't forget the feeling. I only wanted to share the opportunity with eager 1st timers or people who share the passion, and don't have the same resources we have. I offered a safe, free, private place for a handful of people to hunt mushrooms. Unfortunately, none of the Giant group of 10 will find a morel stash under 1 tree... they'll have to walk and climb to find them. I agree that 10 people is WAY extreme. I've only accepted 9 to hunt. I hope everyone finds at least 1. Seriously... with NO mushrooms, it's still a nice hike in the woods after all... It's really just a kind gesture..

6. the motherload

the motherload Young Morel

Morelish,
    Has anyone responded to your generous offer? I use to live in Janesville for most of my life, but was born in Baraboo then lived in Madison till I was 5.
    Now my residence is in the Crystal Lake area in Illinois. Just wondering if anyone is still finding fresh morels by you?
    I found these by Rockford last week, and they are done here. Just looking for a new spot where there are fresh ones without having to drive to Wausaw. : )
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/MrDroptine2/new%20samsung/20130527_153805.jpg
    Hopefully the picture shows.

7. morelish

@ The Motherload- Nice find for you!! Yes, I received quite a few responses to my offer. Bad weather, work schedules, etc. it's been a challenge for some to find a window to get here. I've had a couple who've hunted-. 1 found no morels but several other exotic / red white gray and beige in color. The 2nd guy found 8 good-size yellow morels today, but ran out of time and w/like to come back. if interested, email me- shulavistaalpacas@gmail.com. It's been cold and rainy since the last big find on the 31st.. hoping a couple warm days w/ bring out a few more, but..... I think the window is closing..