1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

morel recipes

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by morelsnramps14, Apr 25, 2015.

1. morelsnramps14

morelsnramps14 Morel Enthusiast

anyone have any good morel recipes

2. beerstalker

beerstalker Morel Enthusiast

Morel's and Ramps-there ya go!! Answered your own question! -Most peeps love morels breaded n fried-Try different batter mixes-do not neglect good ole crushed crackers-And i'll be awaiting some new recipes myself here

3. beerstalker

beerstalker Morel Enthusiast

I cant believe no posts on this??come on folks!! Ya all love morels-tell us how you love them!!!

4. homeskillet

homeskillet Morel Enthusiast

I use flour and corn meal with about 25% corn meal and its pretty good. I've tried seasoning and spicing them up but I honestly just like frying them without the seasoning or spice which is unlike my normal preferences. I made a bunch of creamed sweet corn and dipped them in that which was a delicious combo. I want to try them with some different hot sauces and dressings to find the perfect combo.

5. ccmorelman

ccmorelman Young Morel

I normally fry them up with crackers etc, but I've also been slicing them thin, cooking in butter, adding sliced wild asparagus ( I have a few spots where that is easy to grab) adding seasoning and some Italian breadcrumbs right in the pan and then putting it on toast. I also will also cook in butter, then add it in eggs in the morning.

6. tombombadil

tombombadil Morel Enthusiast

Has anyone ever tried stuffing morels? with like sausage or whatever? I was telling a co-worker my mushroom tales, and he asked if they can be stuffed because he only eats stuffed mushrooms. He blew my mind 8-O

7. tombombadil

tombombadil Morel Enthusiast

Last night I sautéed some with pork chops and rice. A good meal, but it feels wrong (mainly in my feet) using these mushrooms as a topping, and not a showcased treat.