Morel Salt

Discussion in 'Mushroom Dinner Pics & Recipes' started by Inthewild, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Inthewild

Inthewild Morel Connoisseur

First 50 degree day this year gots me thinking of grilling season. My friend @Motherload (who is forever with me in spirit) made something similar in his house. I just used what I had. Jane's Crazy Mixed-Up Salt is product that has great flavor and you basically can't put enough on a steak or burger. Did you know that a pint of dried Morels equates to approximately 1.5oz.? It's like ground angel wings, a whole lot of mass, but no weight. Grind Morels and Mix'em together (I did 50/50) and enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i will try that...
    Thank You

Tool fan and (deleted member) like this.

3. Inthewild

Enjoying breakfast today, with a hint of Morels. Warmer temperatures coming will get me grilling soon.

Attached Files:

4. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Yes I agree with @wade imma have to give that a whirl

5. Inthewild

I would like to brag that this is the best thing since sliced toast, but still rather bland. Sorry I call them as I see them, even if its my own making. Maybe increase the morel ratio to 75% or just grind morels and use them straight.

Kokomorel and Already Gone like this.
  6. Already Gone

Already Gone Morel Connoisseur

None of us older farts need that much salt. I use "dust" on venison medallions. It is some of the best stuff i ever threw down my pie hole..

Kokomorel and Inthewild like this.