MORELS 2013

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trahn008, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ronmissy

ronmissy Young Morel

Im waiting for it to start here in Tioga County too...jpv1125 let me know when it starts over your way..

2. clintoncomorels

clintoncomorels Young Morel

Big red I can't tell real good but somme of those look likee false morels if the stem goes up inside of the cap like a lamp shade sits on a lap then there poisons one sure way to tell is grab the stem and the cap and twist if they pop apart there false and don't eat them or if you look up the bottom of the stem the thee cap and its not hallow there false and poisons

3. bigred532009

bigred532009 Young Morel

thanks clintoncomorels but yeah they were all completely hollow, just ate them we all feel fine lol. I think they look funny because they were kind of dried up and the angle of the picture is off and they look funky.

4. wildmushroomman

wildmushroomman Morel Enthusiast

wes912 yeah I'm still finding them but not in big numbers yet... this weather has them screwed up... hopefully more rain the next day or so and some warmer days and nights will get them going...I went across the lake in the boat to check some of my big producing spots and nothing there yet...here's my personal email.... [email protected] hit me up and I'll send you some pictures from this years finds

5. jpv1125

jpv1125 Morel Enthusiast

As I read the threads in hear it appears i stand corrected Morella has found them in my area ronmissy. Thanks for the update Morrella. I will be checking more open south facing hills tomorrow!!

6. avirosa

avirosa Young Morel

Bigred532009, nice find. Looks like 1 yellow, a couple half free's and a lot of blacks. All delicious!

7. yergsmorel

yergsmorel Morel Enthusiast

Where is everyone!? Season's not over yet is it!?

8. wildmushroomman

Wes912 how are you making out? Found 84 blacks this morning on stone creek ridge....found 19 whites last evening in mill creek.... no the season isn't over yet yergsmorel but we need rain and I was wondering where everyones been to..... must be out hunting lol

9. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

Tag teamed a nice load of yellows today. Apple, Ash and Tulip Pops. My most interesting find today was true yellow morels (esculenta) under Tulip Pops. (in two different locations), never in all the years I've hunted have I found esculenta under TP's. I've found tons of deliciosas but never esculenta. Happy Hunting!

10. wildmushroomman

11. wildmushroomman

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  12. wildmushroomman

[​IMG]

13. wildmushroomman

[​IMG]

14. wildmushroomman

Last 2 posts I found this morning

15. wes912

wes912 Morel Enthusiast

we went out over the past few days and found 15 half frees 42 med. blacks 35 yellows but im going out with a friend of mine he found 5 1/2 lbs near Bedford today they were mostly huge yellows some greys . ill post some phot in the phot section we had cut this big yellow in half and found that it was actually a morel inside of a morel double shot in on any one ever seen this before . his find average 3''-6'' so hopefully we'll have the same luck in the morning we're trading honey holes . im am also proud to say that I have passed the mushroom fever on to some local newbies young and old alike but we all know that rain is needed . BEST OF LUCK TO ALL SHROOMERS LETS ALL TAKE A MOMENT AND PRAY FOR RAIN OR DO A RAIN DANCE HECK DO ANYTHING JUST MAKE IT RAIN

16. wildmushroomman

That's a good days picking wes was that out around trough creek? Good luck in Bedford let me know how you make out there. Going to cross the lake tomorrow and check on my big producers. We do need rain but it doesn't look like its going to come till next week

17. yergsmorel

yergsmorel Morel Enthusiast

FOUND MY FIRST ONE!! A small gray.

18. wes912

wes912 Morel Enthusiast

well I hunted hard on sun. in Bedford co. but that so called friend that was showing me around in that area led me on a wild goose chase I knew that him taking me to the area where his honey hole was to good to be true so we walk for 3 hrs to find 2 tiny greys damn guy I could have found some in my spots instead of wasting time and money just follow someone to what was supposed to be great hunting . a simple hell no I wont take you to my hole would have been better!!!

19. wildmushroomman

Yeah that would suck going down there and only finding 2 mushrooms wes....I've probably found near 400 mushrooms already this week.... congratulations on the find yergs are you hunting the right areas or are you way up north cause you should be finding them by now bud....

20. wildmushroomman

Did everyone eat false morels or what??? Its been awful quiet on here lately.....lol