MORELS 2013

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trahn008, Apr 9, 2013.

1. wildmushroomman

wildmushroomman Morel Enthusiast

I think my cholesterol is up about 250 points from all the fried mushrooms lol... I must have gave 2 pounds of mushrooms away this past week.... if anyone get a whole mess of mushrooms try dicing them up and add a few eggs and smashed crackers mix together shape into bugars and fry.... (kinda like how you would make salmon cakes)....

2. yergsmorel

yergsmorel Morel Enthusiast

Yeah, I haven't been out yet this week. I hope we can go sometime this week/ weekend.
    There's a spot behind my house with mayapples and such, but I think my elium has not reached it or something. Also, TOO MUCH POISON IVY!

3. jdb_1969

jdb_1969 Morel Enthusiast

found these tonight theres 60 the guy i was hunting with had 43 wish we had got there 3 days sooner there was alot that were to far gone that we left and some that i picked were getting dry but i think after a soke they will be fine ][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  4. jdb_1969

jdb_1969 Morel Enthusiast

ok going to try this 1 more time ][​IMG]

5. wildmushroomman

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/wildmushroomman/media/IMG_20130509_184533_016_zps86f244ae.jpg.html?sort=3&amp;o=0 <a href="http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/wildmushroomman/media/IMG_20130509_142643_573_zpsa0ba462e.jpg.html?sort=3&amp;o=1"></a> found this today wes912

6. wildmushroomman

[​IMG]

7. pa morel hunter

pa morel hunter Young Morel

http://s583.photobucket.com/user/wolfetm/media/Morels/051113morels_zps834c893f.jpg.html?sort=3&amp;o=1

Trahn008, your opinion....are these both black morels?

8. kregalmach1

kregalmach1 Morel Enthusiast

well im new to the site seems a few of you found some and a couple found a bunch im one of those guys that found a bunch the past 4 days I found 100 per day except on sat my brother my girl and my dad went out andfound about 1000 mixed blacks greys and blondeswas so very happy with it gonna try to put some pics here

9. kregalmach1

ting pics now hope I can get it [​IMG]

10. kregalmach1

one of my favorite [​IMG]

11. kregalmach1

12. kregalmach1

[​IMG]

13. kregalmach1

[​IMG]

14. kregalmach1

[​IMG]

15. athomas

athomas Morel Enthusiast

kregalmach1 Where are you located ? Very nice load.. I am in the N.E. and still looking for my first find.. :(

16. kregalmach1

for those looking for tips look very close and when you find one sit down for 10 mins and just look and focus then get on your hands and knees . and continue on that way looking under everything you will find more

17. kregalmach1

o I was in the woods in central pa I just kept saying this is just phanominal fe different spots this is to be honest my 4th year hunting and this was my best year may apples are our friends

18. kregalmach1

m only next ? for those that been doing this forever . my dad has been hunting for a long time and he told me this rediculusweather and frost is going to stop them from comeing up is this true or will I still find after it warms back up
    I know we are at about the end of the season but am I gonna find more this week after this crazy ass weather

19. athomas

athomas Morel Enthusiast

I guess I am not made to find Morels.. I am disabled vet so getting back in the deep woods is hard for me .. I was hoping to find afew to cook with ( amateur chef ) so I guess i will have to find something else to try ..

20. kregalmach1

well if it helps most of these weren't 15 feet off the road tall grass under elms as well even found 40 in a guys front yard
    under an elm and a pine tree only 2 trees that were there also just curious have I happened to talk to you on crappie.com about fishing