MORELS 2014

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trahn008, Mar 7, 2014.

1. buttoneer

buttoneer Young Morel

Found some closeby, Sliced, fried & ate last night with a little salt. Husb & I both enjoyed them, S. Central Pa.

2. jpv1125

jpv1125 Morel Enthusiast

Found 3 thumb nail yellows in norther allegheny co. what a late year it has been!

3. the shroomster

the shroomster Young Morel

Hey JPV I've been doing a little searching here in Murrysville and haven't had any luck either! I thought it was just me. What part of Allegheny are you hunting?

4. rabbit59

rabbit59 Young Morel

Finally.....I found the motherload. Ive found them in McKean County before but only 5 or 6 at a time for a good day. I knew there had to be more like on these pages, and I finally put 2 and 2 together. People...Ash and Tulip Poplar is the s**t for northern Pa. I literally found 5 lbs or more and left the woods with more up there(bag full). I find them at the edge of ridge tops with Ash and Tulip Poplar like before, and lots of little wild flowers, ramps, just rich soil being the key. No dry ground or wet ground either. Good luck to all on here. Me and the wife going back tomorrow for the rest at this spot.

5. jamjakin

jamjakin Young Morel

what are ramps man? im in erie is it still to cool up here been finding half frees just coming up couple blondes and some little finger size buggers is it still to early for close to lake anybody?

6. n_umberlandcounty

n_umberlandcounty Young Morel

My second yr trying, first with success , 14 yellow so far. Anyone else in the Northumberland/Lycoming county area finding many?