MORELS 2018

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trahn008, Feb 12, 2018.

1. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

About the time I start thinking about morels. Been looking over maps and thinking spring! It's kind of interesting when you have Delorme maps of many states with hot spots marked, you kind of relive those hunts again. Missing PICKENS!!! Happy Hunting!!!

2. tommyjosh

tommyjosh Morel Connoisseur

Ahhh can't wait either only 2 more months!!
    I really get excited when the board really gets me excited

3. Beatnik88

Beatnik88 Morel Connoisseur

I was starting to get excited until this warm and wet span started. It seems eerily similar to last season when I had almost no finds at any of my spots.

4. tommyjosh

It’s crazy that on feb 25 last year they were already popping in Missouri and Arkansas

5. RAU

RAU Young Morel

Hi all, I'm new here. I've never found a morel in my life but I'm determined to this spring. I've gotten pretty good at fall mushrooms. Hens or sheep heads as we all call them here and chickenmushroom And even some some chanterelles and shaggy manes too. I'm in luzerne county but spend a lot of time in Wyoming and Susquehanna counties too. Anyone have any tips specific to my area that aren't mainstream info they'd want to share?

6. tommyjosh

I'd look up a ground temp map and see when it's ready

7. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

RAU..... The tip is hunt tree's first... If your looking for black's find Tulip Poplars once the blacks are done you could find the smaller yellows (poplar) morels. Looking for true yellows look for elm, ash and apple. Hunt the tree's find the morels!!

1 person likes this.
  8. tommyjosh

Oh yes look for the trees I spend more time looking up than down