Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got some rain here today but I think Cumberland county is done for the season. May check for new flushes tomorrow.

On a side note, my one black area quit producing, nothing the last two years and the year before that was weak.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes, everything points to perfect conditions for them to grow then one will throw a wrench into everything we think we know. That one was also in an area that was flooded twice this spring. Maybe that was his boat. lol

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
I picked a black one year that was growing on top of a large rock, on a little patch of moss. I'll look for the picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has really started to be an exellant year for morels they are out in larger numbers and clusters I have noticed maybe due to the winter causing so much tree damage to the ash and elm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jeff from tioga.. I think I remember you.
Yes Trahn, we talk like 5 or 6 years ago and u put me on an area when I was more "Fresh... my friend Steve and I took a day trip wellaboro to state college n many miles n some fresh black morels later, we come out at Turkey Ranch. Beautiful country down through there. They just popping up my way..

221 - 240 of 264 Posts