Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
301 - 320 of 351 Posts
Hi Bluefoot,
May I ask where you hail from? I'm from Sterling Run, near Benezette. Up here, we're well into the ramps, already. Juneberry is just breaking out. High water again. Gonna put on rain gear and muck around outside, anyway.

BTW , great thread on breaks. I had noticed that ash grow along a line. Change in substrate must be a factor. Anybody?
It could be that you are finding old fence lines. Many times I've noticed this in the woods. Often times I've wandered down these tree lines and found those one or two old locust posts still sticking up out of the ground. A fence line was established, and everything on either side was cut down to provide lumber for building, and open up the land for pasture or farming.

Hi Bluefoot,
May I ask where you hail from? I'm from Sterling Run, near Benezette. Up here, we're well into the ramps, already. Juneberry is just breaking out. High water again. Gonna put on rain gear and muck around outside, anyway.
Hey lucky, I'll be up your way in about 10 days. Quehanna wild area. I hail from northern Cambria. Sweet ramps and trout. Still searching for a decent spot. Love your area. Spend a lot of time up there.

I’m confused this year the mayapples are a week early where I’m from in nw Allegheny and I start to hunt when there a little below my knees. But yet ligoneir hasn’t been finding many morels and I’m usually 4 days behind them but ahead of butler and there finding them there.

301 - 320 of 351 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.