Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

101 - 120 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Trahn008,
Re-looking at your pic it looks like a cockbird, looks like unbroken dark tail markings. It's always hard to tell. Was it drumming or protecting eggs? Either way, just an amazing picture.
@swpa,

FYI.. I think you should place a @ sign before their handle, that way they get notified directly. Thought I would help as I sit in Wisconsin waiting, waiting and waiting for our time. Best of luck! @trahn008

·
Registered
103 Posts
If this virus thing keeps going for another month or so keeping people from working and going to school, i think there will be a lot more competition looking for mushrooms this spring. Early bird will have to get the morel and not the worm lol. Happy hunting

·
Registered
197 Posts
If this virus thing keeps going for another month or so keeping people from working and going to school, i think there will be a lot more competition looking for mushrooms this spring. Early bird will have to get the morel and not the worm lol. Happy hunting
Oh yeah, I NEEDED more competition...at least I have plenty of ramp spots :p

·
Registered
553 Posts
Trahn008,
Re-looking at your pic it looks like a cockbird, looks like unbroken dark tail markings. It's always hard to tell. Was it drumming or protecting eggs? Either way, just an amazing picture.
I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a rooster in full breeding plumage. Great pic!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just saying hello. I've been following this thread for over a month now and finally decided to join. What can I say, I'm not one to dive in head first lol. But hello everyone. I'm from the central PA region and have been closely monitoring should temps and prospecting new places. Cant wait to get out a little more and start hunting for all manor of mushrooms :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone I’m back again their poppin yellows in Oklahoma already our should be starting anytime here can wait leeks just poppin up here got a couple with leaves already and welcome @MiLilWinmil glad to have you in here

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome MiLilWinmil, I'm from the center of the state too. The people on this site are very helpful. Also if you have any questions or anything to add just dive right in. I know I have been helped a lot over the last few years and hoped I helped some too.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I checked over a hundred tulip poplar trees of different sizes today on top of a ridge. I checked the soil temp and it was in the mid 50's. I only found some mica caps and some scarlet elf cups. Still trying to find an area for blacks.
IMG_4162.JPG
IMG_4163.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
I checked over a hundred tulip poplar trees of different sizes today on top of a ridge. I checked the soil temp and it was in the mid 50's. I only found some mica caps and some scarlet elf cups. Still trying to find an area for blacks. View attachment 27372 View attachment 27374
You're doing better than I am. I checked my chicken logs I inoculated last year, they were still sleeping. It looks like the only thing willing to brave its face was skunk cabbage, and the tiniest little pinky sizes may apples peeking through. No fiddle heads, the tea berries are still dormant. It must still be to chilly in my area. The Great Morel (dot) com shows a couple sightings near me but I think I'm still a week or two out.

101 - 120 of 277 Posts