MORELS 2020 CHIT CHAT

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trahn008, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Inthewild

Inthewild Morel Connoisseur

@swpa,

FYI.. I think you should place a @ sign before their handle, that way they get notified directly. Thought I would help as I sit in Wisconsin waiting, waiting and waiting for our time. Best of luck! @trahn008

beagleboy and (deleted member) like this.
  2. swpa

swpa Morel Connoisseur

@trahn008,
    I did not know that.

1 person likes this.

3. swpa

swpa Morel Connoisseur

@Trahn, I did not know that.

1 person likes this.
  4. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

yep.. it notifies them that you have mentioned them in a posting

5. swpa

swpa Morel Connoisseur

Duly noted and appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  6. pchunter1231

pchunter1231 Morel Connoisseur

If this virus thing keeps going for another month or so keeping people from working and going to school, i think there will be a lot more competition looking for mushrooms this spring. Early bird will have to get the morel and not the worm lol. Happy hunting

beagleboy likes this.
  7. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

@swpa, yes a cockbird.

1 person likes this.
  8. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

Cleaned out the dehydrator this morning and found a trumpet! 7EF1C5B5-95E9-43B8-A9DE-47158CD39168.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  9. steelernation

steelernation Morel Connoisseur

Oh yeah, I NEEDED more competition...at least I have plenty of ramp spots :p

beagleboy and (deleted member) like this.
  10. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a rooster in full breeding plumage. Great pic!

11. beagleboy

beagleboy Morel Connoisseur

Found a few oysters and some devils cups. The oysters weren't prime but still should be able to use them. One thing about finding them this time of year they aren't buggy. IMG_4150.JPG IMG_4154.JPG

12. MiLilWinmil

MiLilWinmil Morel Enthusiast

Just saying hello. I've been following this thread for over a month now and finally decided to join. What can I say, I'm not one to dive in head first lol. But hello everyone. I'm from the central PA region and have been closely monitoring should temps and prospecting new places. Cant wait to get out a little more and start hunting for all manor of mushrooms :)

13. muff1nm4n17

muff1nm4n17 Morel Enthusiast

Hi everyone I’m back again their poppin yellows in Oklahoma already our should be starting anytime here can wait leeks just poppin up here got a couple with leaves already and welcome @MiLilWinmil glad to have you in here

MiLilWinmil likes this.
  14. beagleboy

Welcome MiLilWinmil, I'm from the center of the state too. The people on this site are very helpful. Also if you have any questions or anything to add just dive right in. I know I have been helped a lot over the last few years and hoped I helped some too.

15. beagleboy

I was in this area about a week ago and it was all brown, now it looks like its got some life. Getting close to time. Maybe next week. IMG_4159.JPG IMG_4158.JPG

16. beagleboy

I checked over a hundred tulip poplar trees of different sizes today on top of a ridge. I checked the soil temp and it was in the mid 50's. I only found some mica caps and some scarlet elf cups. Still trying to find an area for blacks. IMG_4162.JPG IMG_4163.JPG

17. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Hey, Thanks Wade. I just learned something new and helpful.

1 person likes this.
  18. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@sb no problem Bro

19. MiLilWinmil

MiLilWinmil Morel Enthusiast

You're doing better than I am. I checked my chicken logs I inoculated last year, they were still sleeping. It looks like the only thing willing to brave its face was skunk cabbage, and the tiniest little pinky sizes may apples peeking through. No fiddle heads, the tea berries are still dormant. It must still be to chilly in my area. The Great Morel (dot) com shows a couple sightings near me but I think I'm still a week or two out.