Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever found any morels around central ct? Gonna give it a shot tomorrow around some local apple orchards. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
so how’d you do? I never found em either but temps seem low for what optimal are. I’m gonna prob do fine during the yellows over the slightly less rare blacks that emerge early. A week or two more and hopefully the vets here begin finding em. Then I’ll know if I got a real shot venturing through the woods

·
Registered
5 Posts
are the morels done for the year? The weather has been crazy and looked a week and half ago but no luck. I have a nerve injury so its hard to spend a lot of time in the woods which means I have to make my trips count.

·
Registered
174 Posts
are the morels done for the year? The weather has been crazy and looked a week and half ago but no luck. I have a nerve injury so its hard to spend a lot of time in the woods which means I have to make my trips count.
Hey Chris. You said it yourself...the weather has been crazy. We have not had good night time temps. My bird bath water froze the last two nights! I have looked and only found 14 Ct. morels. I will never say don't look. I wish I could give you a better answer but my areas are not producing. If you have a spot/spots I would check. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Chris. You said it yourself...the weather has been crazy. We have not had good night time temps. My bird bath water froze the last two nights! I have looked and only found 14 Ct. morels. I will never say don't look. I wish I could give you a better answer but my areas are not producing. If you have a spot/spots I would check. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking and hopefully I can find some. I have a friend who has a bunch of fruit trees and they show up every year. Haven't heard from her yet either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts