Morels

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by mrbuckey, May 5, 2019.

1. mrbuckey

mrbuckey Morel Enthusiast

Anyone finding morels yet. Apple blossoms are slow coming that is when I gauge the morels popping up.

cmlzhs2 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. dako21

dako21 Morel Enthusiast

Went out last weekend and found a few

Attached Files:

Jamesh and (deleted member) like this.

3. dako21

dako21 Morel Enthusiast

I’m just west of Boston btw. Anyone having luck out here?

4. chazmatz

chazmatz Young Morel

I haven't yet, and I've been out every day.

5. dako21

dako21 Morel Enthusiast

Cold weather this week, probably another 2 weeks before they’ll be popping, need some days with higher temps

6. Blaqman

Blaqman Young Morel

Anyone know if there are any on the Cape?

7. dako21

dako21 Morel Enthusiast

Went out today in a MetroWest for a little over an hour with no success. I think it’s still a little too early based on temps and the Elms not starting to bud. I did have a friend find a handful in his backyard in Waltham though.

As for the cape, not sure. Never looked that close to the Ocean.

8. dako21

dako21 Morel Enthusiast

Found a couple Greys but still seems a little early with it getting into the mid 30s at night.

Attached Files:

9. Rizziero

Rizziero Young Morel

do morel gro in east mass.

10. yergaderga

yergaderga Morel Enthusiast

I just accidentally opened the wrong forum (meant to be in PA) but I happened to see your message here. I would be very surprised if they didn't grow in East Massachusetts. You could try to reach out to mushroom foraging clubs in your area and see if anyone is giving any seminars, etc. I would recommend finding someone with experience hunting morels if you're new to it so you can learn to ID them correctly. Not sure what your season is like since you're up North but ours is coming to a clos or is over in PA, so that may complicate things. Sorry for the long message, hope it helps!

11. dako21

dako21 Morel Enthusiast

Yes, they grow in Mass, how Far East are you? I’m along 495 and have found them every year. Found these this morning (3-4 days too late) FDABC388-402B-48D2-93DE-8CA1DBFBDE3D.jpeg