Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While posting here, let's hope the original content -- 5 years contributions from everyone -- will be restored.

Chicken of the Woods Nuggets

This find of extremely fresh, just started, Chicken of the Woods from Hocking County, OH inspired me to cut some for "Chicken Nuggets".

DSC00619.JPG

On the cutting board, below. They didn't require any cutting or trimming from when I cut them off the log.

DSC00660.JPG

Here's my assembly line for dipping in egg white & cream, panko bread crumbs
DSC00661-2.JPG

The brown below, before frying is from mixing my own Tandoori seasoning: Coriander, Cumin, Sweet Paprika, Ginger, Saffrom. Cardamon & Garlic.
DSC00667.JPG

Truth be told -- I was less than thrilled with the taste of the "Chicken Nuggets" with the Tandoori seasoning and did a recovery by grabbing a bottle of Ketchsup -- HA!!

The texture was superb, though and satisfying. Also, steamed, mashed turnips with fresh Parsley from the garden.
DSC00671.JPG

Happy Hunting, Everyone!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Chanterelle Shrimp Pie
This is a variation yesterday, of Jack's superb Crawfish Chanterelle Pie he shared 3-4 years ago.
First: Chanterelles, enough to be choosey.
DSC00674.JPG

A cutting board full, below, drying in the sun -- or 4 cups cut into pieces.
DSC00680.JPG

DSC00685.JPG

Above: Shrimp, raw, cut into bite sized pieces, Chanterelles, Chicken stock, onions, garlic, fresh corn cut off the cob, corn starch, cream, fresh parsley and spices (smoked paprika, cyanne, salt & pepper)

Everything is sauteed/cooked 3/4 before putting into the shell to bake further and crust is baked before filling. Finished Pie cooling down, below.

DSC00691.JPG

Chanterelle Shrimp Pie, Fresh Curly Parsley, Brined Yellow Wax Beans and Pickled Jalopenos, both cold & both from the garden.

DSC00704.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts