Mushroom Dinner Pics & Recipes (again)

Discussion in 'Regional Meet Ups' started by sb, Aug 3, 2019.

1. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

While posting here, let's hope the original content -- 5 years contributions from everyone -- will be restored.

Chicken of the Woods Nuggets

This find of extremely fresh, just started, Chicken of the Woods from Hocking County, OH inspired me to cut some for "Chicken Nuggets".

DSC00619.JPG

On the cutting board, below. They didn't require any cutting or trimming from when I cut them off the log.

DSC00660.JPG

Here's my assembly line for dipping in egg white & cream, panko bread crumbs
    DSC00661-2.JPG

The brown below, before frying is from mixing my own Tandoori seasoning: Coriander, Cumin, Sweet Paprika, Ginger, Saffrom. Cardamon & Garlic.
    DSC00667.JPG
    Truth be told -- I was less than thrilled with the taste of the "Chicken Nuggets" with the Tandoori seasoning and did a recovery by grabbing a bottle of Ketchsup -- HA!!

The texture was superb, though and satisfying. Also, steamed, mashed turnips with fresh Parsley from the garden.
    DSC00671.JPG

Happy Hunting, Everyone!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Jmay and (deleted member) like this.
  2. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Chanterelle Shrimp Pie
    This is a variation yesterday, of Jack's superb Crawfish Chanterelle Pie he shared 3-4 years ago.
    First: Chanterelles, enough to be choosey.
    DSC00674.JPG

A cutting board full, below, drying in the sun -- or 4 cups cut into pieces.
    DSC00680.JPG

DSC00685.JPG

Above: Shrimp, raw, cut into bite sized pieces, Chanterelles, Chicken stock, onions, garlic, fresh corn cut off the cob, corn starch, cream, fresh parsley and spices (smoked paprika, cyanne, salt & pepper)

Everything is sauteed/cooked 3/4 before putting into the shell to bake further and crust is baked before filling. Finished Pie cooling down, below.

DSC00691.JPG

Chanterelle Shrimp Pie, Fresh Curly Parsley, Brined Yellow Wax Beans and Pickled Jalopenos, both cold & both from the garden.

DSC00704.JPG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Kokomorel, Jmay, Inthewild and 2 others like this.