Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am just curious if anybody out there has used any of the grow bags, or grow kits, for psilocybe cubensis and other such strains of psilocybin mushroom, do these bags work? Are they quality mushrooms? If anybody has used these kits off of Amazon or similar sites, please let me know, I am interested in purchasing one, but I'm not sure if it will work or not

·
Registered
864 Posts
I can't speak to that species, but other people use kits for other mushrooms and have done well. Overall, results are kind of mixed. I think it depends on who you buy from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Illegal in all 50 states. Don't know about Psilocybe cubensis. Northspore.com has boomr bags and some in depth videos on how to build monotubs for other edible mushrooms. Maybe stick to the oyster mushrooms and keep illegal stuff for your own research.

·
Registered
864 Posts
True. Psilocybin remain a "Schedule 1" drug. Meaning that that it is a drug of abuse with no medicinal applications. There is a big push nowadays to change it from Schedule 1 to Schedule 2, which means a drug with some medicinal benefits. Who knows what happens with that, but I doubt that it would allow you to grow it in your back yard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts