Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ALWAYS wanted to find wild mushrooms!!!! I have no idea where to start or where to go. Can anyone please offer me some suggestions. I live in Littleton, CO

thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kathi

Join a local mushroom club. It's not only a good way to learn but you make good friends and you get to eat great food if they have potlucks after forays.

Get your hands on some books and watch you-tube videos. Mushroom Jack has some good videos. Learn Your Land does too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Kathi, how far are you from Telluride ? Every year they have one of the worlds largest get-togethers for wild mushrooms. I'll get some information on clubs & the time for Tellurides festival for you , in a little bit !

·
Registered
34 Posts
kathi look up the denver mycological society. they meet the second monday of every month of the colorado season at the denver botanic gardens. they also offer things like forays and research materials with membership, though it is not required to attend meetings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kathi use to live in littleton and will be visiting the first of may. Always hunted in southern Co. Will get in touch when I get there and maybe check a few spots out

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have ALWAYS wanted to find wild mushrooms!!!! I have no idea where to start or where to go. Can anyone please offer me some suggestions. I live in Littleton, CO

thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come to iowa I'll show you places that you will want to come back every year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts