Mushroom Hunting

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Kathi, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Kathi

Kathi Young Morel

I have ALWAYS wanted to find wild mushrooms!!!! I have no idea where to start or where to go. Can anyone please offer me some suggestions. I live in Littleton, CO

thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Connoisseur

Kathi

Join a local mushroom club. It's not only a good way to learn but you make good friends and you get to eat great food if they have potlucks after forays.

Get your hands on some books and watch you-tube videos. Mushroom Jack has some good videos. Learn Your Land does too.

1 person likes this.

3. Kathi

Kathi Young Morel

I have tried - I can't seem to find one - do you have suggestions?

4. jack

jack Morel Connoisseur

Kathi, how far are you from Telluride ? Every year they have one of the worlds largest get-togethers for wild mushrooms. I'll get some information on clubs & the time for Tellurides festival for you , in a little bit !

1 person likes this.
  5. hstlrussell

hstlrussell Morel Enthusiast

kathi look up the denver mycological society. they meet the second monday of every month of the colorado season at the denver botanic gardens. they also offer things like forays and research materials with membership, though it is not required to attend meetings.

1 person likes this.
  6. cropduster

cropduster Morel Enthusiast

Kathi use to live in littleton and will be visiting the first of may. Always hunted in southern Co. Will get in touch when I get there and maybe check a few spots out

Kathi likes this.
  7. Mush head61

Mush head61 Morel Enthusiast

Come to iowa I'll show you places that you will want to come back every year

Kathi likes this.
  8. Kathi

Kathi Young Morel

What part? :)

9. Kathi

Kathi Young Morel

That would be AWESOME!!!!!

10. Mush head61

Mush head61 Morel Enthusiast

Coming there in July I love Colorado only place my Harley likes to go so pretty and a of good sites to drive along and love the food if I was young again I'd would have moved there it' beautiful