Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice find Terry! I'll be interested to hear what more experience people have to say about your question. I have limited experience but have left damaged or older ones at the site. I'm not sure if it makes a difference. What type of location were they found at....any key trees? If you don't mind, what county were they found in? Congratulations.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Found all these today at one spot, my best find ever. Usually it's just a few here and there. Should I pick them all, or leave some?
[/URL]
Would you leave any apples on the tree?
Do your best to not disturb the mycelium ( do cut the morels off at ground level, try not to disturb the ground, walk gently) but the morels are but the fruit of the plant. I will occasionally take a damaged morel and toss it in another location but I really doubt there is any benefit in doing so, but you never know.
Of course you can leave them to let them get bigger. Great find, congrats!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm with geo. Take all u can find unless there gone south. I'm sure we don't see all of them. I always wondered how do they start anyway if there's none to b found anywhere near that one lone tree that has them. Good find congrats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts